Please remake this cool Amiga tune!!!!

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
SarahKreuz31
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Re: Please remake this cool Amiga tune!!!!

Post by SarahKreuz31 »

Heard this tune a thousand times back in the days. :lol: Yes, very simple...but good.
retrogradepak
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by retrogradepak »

i wish and request if someone can remake this in high quality and in 100% original manner, no remix or stuff
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

It's called "introfronty", by dezecrator.

http://modarchive.org/index.php?request ... uery=46210

I totally loved it, and I was considering doing a remix. I'm afraid though that any high quality remake attempts might ruin its grittyness.
retrogradepak
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by retrogradepak »

LMan wrote:It's called "introfronty", by dezecrator.

http://modarchive.org/index.php?request ... uery=46210

I totally loved it, and I was considering doing a remix. I'm afraid though that any high quality remake attempts might ruin its grittyness.
i am counting the seconds while you remake it. Again kindly just remake the tune and maintain the originality
Last edited by retrogradepak on 02/11/2010 - 15:57, edited 1 time in total.
SarahKreuz31
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by SarahKreuz31 »

LMan wrote: I totally loved it, and I was considering doing a remix. I'm afraid though that any high quality remake attempts might ruin its grittyness.
nahhhh, Just give it a go,Lman. :nod: I guess it should be possible to keep this "grittyness" you`re talking about.
beyond
Forum God
Forum God

Post by beyond »

PRESS PLAY ON TAPE to the rescue...

http://www.pressplayontape.com/dl.asp?id=Dezcrator
FFRenzy
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by FFRenzy »

beyond wrote:PRESS PLAY ON TAPE to the rescue...

This forum needs a "Like" button :D
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO what a ride'
SarahKreuz31
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by SarahKreuz31 »

FFRenzy wrote:
beyond wrote:PRESS PLAY ON TAPE to the rescue...

This forum needs a "Like" button :D
Yes, it does. :lol: :thumbsup:
NFF delikatet UBIO

Post by NFF delikatet UBIO »

Someone got mp3 with optimal bitrate for share :?:
PSNID: kaskojakajmra997

Lys er en sjelden delikatesse som en liten prikk og vedlikehold til endelig rettsvesenet, regissere en dårlig uskikkelig jenter Skandinavia. . .
retrogradepak
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by retrogradepak »

thanks all for sharing the links but i would love to hear a high quality 100% remake
analoq
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by analoq »

Hmm...
retrogradepak wrote:100% original manner, no remix or stuff
retrogradepak wrote:100% remake
I don't mean to discourage you, but don't be surprised if you can't find someone here willing to entertain your request. I can't speak for other remixers, but I do "remixes" because I want to do something creative with the original material. Perhaps too creative in my case, but nonetheless I find "remakes" of the type you're looking for to be artless exploitation.

Anyway, just my point of view, so I could be completely off the mark :cheers:
retrogradepak
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by retrogradepak »

analoq wrote:Hmm...
retrogradepak wrote:100% original manner, no remix or stuff
retrogradepak wrote:100% remake
I don't mean to discourage you, but don't be surprised if you can't find someone here willing to entertain your request. I can't speak for other remixers, but I do "remixes" because I want to do something creative with the original material. Perhaps too creative in my case, but nonetheless I find "remakes" of the type you're looking for to be artless exploitation.

Anyway, just my point of view, so I could be completely off the mark :cheers:
i know remiz is always good but this is a simple and small tune and a remake will be good!, i wish i could do it myself but unfortunately dont have that skillset ;)
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

The "problem" with rimixing AMIGA and C64 is, that you generally want to make the original "better" in sound quality... AMIGA is usualy very LoFi in it's sound, and everything is played with (usualy) rather bad low-sample-rate samples... this is what gives especialy THIS tune it's "gritty feel" to be honest. I do not think anyone would want to make a remix of such a tune, unless they want to improve on it's gritty feel, and use "real synth instruments" instead of samples.

Another aspect of particularly THIS tune is, that it's extremely monotone... there is no arrangement dynamics really, so I guess most remixers would want to "expand" on that, which unfortunately will make the tune NOT 100%.

What you want is not a remix, but rather sound like a better quality (HiFi) cover is it not?
Regards, Jess D. Skov-Nielsen (Razmo).
retrogradepak
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by retrogradepak »

Razmo wrote:The "problem" with rimixing AMIGA and C64 is, that you generally want to make the original "better" in sound quality... AMIGA is usualy very LoFi in it's sound, and everything is played with (usualy) rather bad low-sample-rate samples... this is what gives especialy THIS tune it's "gritty feel" to be honest. I do not think anyone would want to make a remix of such a tune, unless they want to improve on it's gritty feel, and use "real synth instruments" instead of samples.

Another aspect of particularly THIS tune is, that it's extremely monotone... there is no arrangement dynamics really, so I guess most remixers would want to "expand" on that, which unfortunately will make the tune NOT 100%.

What you want is not a remix, but rather sound like a better quality (HiFi) cover is it not?
yes in deed but one can always add on other cool effects and stuff.