Thoughts on Remixer of the year 2010.

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Doddsy
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Thoughts on Remixer of the year 2010.

Post by Doddsy »

Another year over and the votes are counted and the results have been broadcast. Do you agree with the overall results? Post your thoughts/rants/disappointments/delights.

I think overall the results were as expected with the usual suspects coming up top - well done guys! :cheers: Bit disappointed I never made the remixer of the year list but did get voted at number 14 for best veteran catagory and was also delighted to see under rated remixers getting the votes and even a remix which didn't exactly set the remixing world on fire when it was first released- dr.blitzen Breakdance at number 20 . :)

Cheers to everyone who voted and to the top placing winners!!
C64GLeN
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Thoughts on Remixer of the year 2010.

Post by C64GLeN »

I was sadly overlook this year again. There should be a 'terrible (but covers up for it by being deliberately terrible) remixer of the year' category.

In serious mode well done to all the worthy winners, and to Boz and Slaygon for hosting a great show. Remix wise, If this year is as good as 2010 I will be more than happy.

:worship:
Last edited by C64GLeN on 18/01/2011 - 9:25, edited 1 time in total.
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

It is a wonderful and sad way to start the year. Very wonderful for what a special occasion it is, and I can participate with others from all around the world as a voter and listener. The sad part is, that it seems to end quickly and I have to wait another year for it. :)
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Ziphoid
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Ziphoid »

Hopefully there'll be more votes this coming year since we have switched on the voting already.

Also, if you missed the show, either download it from http://slayradio.org/download.php or http://scenesat.com/archive or re-live it (including the chatlog) with reLive at http://scenesat.com/relive/stream-1-2U (Java applet - http://relive.nu for native versions for Windows and Mac OS X)

Nevertheless, huge congrats to the winners and all other remixers/remixes who made it into the list and big thanx to Boz and Slaygon for an entertaining show. :)
SceneSat founder and DJ. | Re-live moments past at reLive.nu | For an Amiga flashback - AmigaRemix.com

Doddsy
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Doddsy »

C64GLeN wrote:I was sadly overlook this year again. There should be a 'terrible (but covers up for it by being deliberately terrible) remixer of the year' category.
I agree I would like to see another one or two catagories. Don't know about terrible remixer of the year though. RKO has high standards and anything that is terrible won't get on though some do.

I think some catagories I would like to see are;

Most overrated act of [year].
Most underrated act of [year]
The one that got away (A track that was really good but for some reason hardly anyone noticed it and it should have been a hit but wasn't. I thought this would be a good one to put in as so many remixes are being released.)
koroner

Post by koroner »

Hello all.

Ive noticed that Gibs points werent summed in veteran category:

8. Gibs 44

17. XxDUSTYxX 8
gibs 8 <----
Happy HC64 8
Putzi 8

I think theres only one Gibs (unfortunately IMHO ;) ), so he should take 7th place instead of 8th.
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

This year I only really listened to 2 remixes which is terrible I have been so busy you wouldnt believe but looking over the list I would say just on merit those that deserved to win did and I want to take the chance now to say thank you to everyone that cast a vote for me, I really appreciate that its nice to know im making people happy.

I dont know off the top of my head of ways to improve things it seems fine to me as it is, but you guys are a clever bunch so I know whatever gets decided will no doubt be for the benefit of this place and the people that dwell within :-)
SarahKreuz31
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by SarahKreuz31 »

Doddsy wrote:
C64GLeN wrote:I was sadly overlook this year again. There should be a 'terrible (but covers up for it by being deliberately terrible) remixer of the year' category.
I agree I would like to see another one or two catagories. Don't know about terrible remixer of the year though. RKO has high standards and anything that is terrible won't get on though some do.
huh? No way, mate. Even the terrible ones passing by the "high standards of RKO" :| Though (or: because) it`s just a matter of taste anyway - and if my ears starts bleeding another one is charmed by the very same Music. XD But this fact won`t stop me pulling out green smilies if it`s really necessary (and there WERE some of `em the last Year). I don`t think the "terrible Remixer of the Year" is a good Idea,since this isn`t constructive critism at all. And only just a way to bash someone for his music (what each and everyone can do as a shout of the specific Track, if someone feels like to do). Being on Top of such a List would be a thing that really is demotivating someone like hell.

As for the results 2010; So, yeah, as far as I can see all my Votes made it in the ROTY. Thx for all your great Music, mates. It has been played in the kitchen ,in the fitness Room, on my way to work and on some other places XD. Would be great to listen to brandnew Tracks in 2011 from xxDustyxx, Daxx, CzTunes, Zzr and some other ppl who didn`t created THAT much in the Year 2010. And there are some Newcomers I`m looking forward about new stuff too.Image
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

I agree with most of that, the "matter of taste" thing is why the RKO approval standards aren't as high nowadays as in the early years. Today it's rather pragmatic parameters that set the standard for a remix, like really getting the notes wrong, being unfinished, violationg copyright etc.
Kate-Z
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Kate-Z »

It should be pointed out, however, that C64Glen *prides* himself out of making intentionally terrible remixes, intended to cause wincing! Anna's "Anorak" has wielded them at listeners where appropriate :)
SarahKreuz31
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by SarahKreuz31 »

Kate-Z wrote:It should be pointed out, however, that C64Glen *prides* himself out of making intentionally terrible remixes, intended to cause wincing!
:shock: damn, you`re right. Now it makes all sense why he wants a "terrible Remixer OTY" ; He just wants the Spotlight. DAMN YOU,GLEN!!!!!!!1111111 :lol:

By reading this thread again in a hurry,I just have to say that the "The one that got away"-Categorie is a very good Idea. There are quite a few that were awesome but didn`t get the attention (if attention means shouts/comments/votes), especially @ amigaremix.com! And something I recognized yesterday: You can`t see how many downloads a Track got at AmigaRemix. Why not ? The number of downloads is viewed at RKO as a thumbnail, if you`re moving your Cursor above the mp3-file.
edit;okay, the last one was off-topisch ;)
Ziphoid
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Ziphoid »

SarahKreuz31 wrote:
Kate-Z wrote:It should be pointed out, however, that C64Glen *prides* himself out of making intentionally terrible remixes, intended to cause wincing!
:shock: damn, you`re right. Now it makes all sense why he wants a "terrible Remixer OTY" ; He just wants the Spotlight. DAMN YOU,GLEN!!!!!!!1111111 :lol:

By reading this thread again in a hurry,I just have to say that the "The one that got away"-Categorie is a very good Idea. There are quite a few that were awesome but didn`t get the attention (if attention means shouts/comments/votes), especially @ amigaremix.com! And something I recognized yesterday: You can`t see how many downloads a Track got at AmigaRemix. Why not ? The number of downloads is viewed at RKO as a thumbnail, if you`re moving your Cursor above the mp3-file.
edit;okay, the last one was off-topisch ;)
We all know that glen is an attention seeker, so that's ok... ;)

On the little off-topic note about amigaremix.com - this is due to historical reasons but that will be changed with the new engine that's currently brewing.
SceneSat founder and DJ. | Re-live moments past at reLive.nu | For an Amiga flashback - AmigaRemix.com