Since I can't use the PM feature...

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Blue Protoman

Since I can't use the PM feature...

Post by Blue Protoman »

...I'll just have to post this publicly.

This is a message to Makke, asking for permission to use some of his music in a few videos. (I couldn't find his contact info anywhere, someone else told me this was the best place to find him, and PMs are apparently disabled until you get enough posts.)

Ever heard of the Pandora? http://openpandora.org/ It's basically an open handheld computer designed for all sorts of things, including gaming. I'll be getting mine soon, and I decided to make some videos for it. So, Makke, remember when you did the music for Joystick Johnny (now Totally Tiny Arcade)? First of all, you did a spectacular job. May I use the three songs you did for that game in some videos I'm going to make within the next few weeks or so? You will be properly credited.

EDIT: Oh, and can someone PM Makke about this thread?
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Re: Since I can't use the PM feature...

Post by Analog-X64 »

Yup this is a good place to start, I'm sure word will get out to Makke soon enough.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Blue Protoman

Post by Blue Protoman »

Did you PM him?
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

Here I am! :)
Blue Protoman wrote:So, Makke, remember when you did the music for Joystick Johnny (now Totally Tiny Arcade)? First of all, you did a spectacular job. May I use the three songs you did for that game in some videos I'm going to make within the next few weeks or so? You will be properly credited.
Thanks for your kind words. I'm usually totally OK with my stuff being used in non-commercial productions, as long as credit is given. In this case, Joe Lesko of Flea Circus Games payed me real money to make the music exclusively for him, so you will need to ask him about it.

If he's fine with it, I'm fine with it.

You can contact me via marcus [DOT] lagre [AT-thingy] gmail [DO-DIDELY-DOT] com for further conversation. :)
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
Blue Protoman

Post by Blue Protoman »

Thanks! By the way, I already asked Joe; he was the one who pointed me here, actually. He claims that you fully own the music, thus it's your decision.
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

I guess you're good to go them!
Blue Protoman wrote:He claims that you fully own the music, thus it's your decision.
I do, but I wanted Joe to be OK with it as well. :)
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
Blue Protoman

Post by Blue Protoman »

Thank you! When I finish the video, I'll post it here.

EDIT: Or rather, videos, because I plan on making three, one with each song.