Introduce yourself here!

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
SarahKreuz31
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by SarahKreuz31 »

Welkom !
cyphax

Post by cyphax »

Thanks all. :)
Since I've recently found out that I'm going to become a father sometime in october, I might have even less time on my hand so no promises. The will is there still and will be tho! :D
Totta
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Totta »

Hi there everyone. Totta here (yet another guy from Sweden)

Since I now have uploaded my first remix to RKO, this might be the right time to say hi to you all and tell you a little about myself.

I've always been into chip music. Even from the start when I made tapes with music from the MSX computer and later from the C64. During my teens (I'm 37 now) I spent quite a lot of time making modules on the Amiga and later on keyboards/sequencers but when I got my first kid in 2003, I stopped making music totally.

This summer I decided to pick it up again and since I once liked to work with trackers 15 years ago, I thought I might as well see what has happened to the world of trackers. I then found Renoise and I was hooked. Talk about coming home.

The first project I made the following weeks was Primeiro. A Jarre-influenced original piece which you can find here:
http://www.tottalmedia.se/music/primeiro.mp3
I'm quite surprised of the result since it was my first piece of music in 8 years and with a software I had never used before.

After that I have made several more original pieces but funnily enough I find myself sticking in bits and pieces of C64 melodies here and there in my music. It sometimes comes as a surprise to me. One example is this one:
http://www.tottalmedia.se/music/nycamp.mp3
Let's see if anyone can spot the influences at 1.54.

And sometimes the song simply sounds like a Daglish tune, like this one:
http://www.tottalmedia.se/music/groovy.mp3

I blame Slay Radio, RKO and Chris Abbott for all this of course.

So, three days ago I thought to myself: Why not go all the way? Why not make a remix and contribute to all the magnificent remixes that are already out there.

By accident the target became Bulldog by Ben Daglish. Don't ask me why. I just felt that there was a lack of non-sid remixes of that song. You can find it here (and hopefully on RKO in a few hours)
http://www.tottalmedia.se/music/bulldog.mp3

Hmmm... what else can I say about me? Influences in the real world are of course Jarre, Vangelis, Koto, Laserdance and others. In the computer world there are of course Hubbard, Galway, Daglish but also Konami's female musician Miki Higashino who made Gradius, Salamander, Yie-Ar Kung Fu and the AMAZING music to Knightmare on the MSX.

Favourite C64-tune? Hmmm... maybe Tetris by Wally Beben. I find that one amazingly well composed.

And the future? Well, there will certainly be more remixes from me. Maybe even soon. This was fun!

Keep up the good work everyone. It's amazing that 20 year old music still engages us all. It can't be only nostalgica.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Well, welcome! Good work, too :)

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Welcome :cheers:
CheshireNinja
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by CheshireNinja »

Hello, everyone! I'm Evan. I live near Miami and I recently kicked off my career as an actor... so far, it's not a full-time job, but I hope it will be soon. To help my career, I've been working on an internet miniseries, and that's actually what led me here.

I grew up with a C64, and I've been listening to SID tunes and remixes for a good decade now, and it occurred to me that this kind of music would be perfect for my project! So this post, I guess, is my first step towards finding some cool tunes that the artists wouldn't mind sharing to help me out. If it can boost my career, I figure it will also bring some prestige to the remixing community.
:cheers:
Anyway, it's good to be here!
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Welcome Evan, and good luck :cheers:
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Hi Evan,

Welcome to the one of the best C64 Websites on the planet. :)
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Zamin

Post by Zamin »

Hello, another guy from Sweden here, addicted to C64 since 1985. As such, it's quite natural to find the best nostalgia resources on the interweb! I did a couple of covers back in 96-98 but never released them. Dwarf fly, overlame, bombastic, watchit to name a few...or no, most of them. Pulsoid is the last one I started working on...(on my ancient yamaha db50xg) hey why don't someone remix that properly ? ;)
Cheers / Lars
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Welcome to the Remix Forum Lars. I'm glad you decided to join.

Maybe you can dust off those remixes and give us a preview.
StephS

Post by StephS »

Hi there! I'm Steph! I signed up for the site late 2010 to vote for ROTY, but just now decided to check out the forums here. I thought if I'm leaving comments on remixes, I should at least have the decency to introduce myself.

I haven't done any remixes myself, but I really enjoy the lovely music all of the remixers make, so thanks!

btw, happy birthday remix64!
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Welcome! :cheers:
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

StephS wrote:Hi there! I'm Steph!

Welcome to the Remix Forum Steph :dancing:
AndyUK
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by AndyUK »

Hey Guys.. Just adding myself to the list of new members.

I'm Andy, been lurking around for a while now, listening to the amazing quality of the music created here, and still after all these years loving the mighty SID. Started way back 'in the day',( had a Spectrum at the time, went to a friends house to see this new fangled C64, heard the Biggles title tune and remember just being blown away :confusion: ) finding I was playing the games less and less and listening to the actual music more and more. Jumped ship to Amiga when that came out, started creating Games ( Amos WAS cool despite what people say heh ) with other like minded people but still listening, still loving that sound of SID, thankyou HVSC!! heh. Yes I'm of the 'older' generation.

Oddly was never a hubbard fan though, Galway and the Maniacs of Noise rocked my boat.. Just a certain 'swing' to these guys that still holds true today. Savage ( tune3 ) still stands as one of my all time classic tunes. Jeroen, Reyn and Galway.. :worship: synthetic sweetness!
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Hi AndyUK,

Welcome to the board, glad you've joined us :)