Sub Hunter Intro Music

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Hillsman

Sub Hunter Intro Music

Post by Hillsman »

Hi All - hope I'm posting this question in the right section!

I've just finished listening to the OMAHM Psytronik special - for me, the best episode of OMAHM since Series 1. During the show, Kenz plays the intro tune from the Amstrad version of Sub Hunter. I've never played this game, but I got hands on a few excellent SIDS by Richard Bayliss & DRAX for this game.

However, the intro tune isn't among them!! Can the intro tune be found somewhere in the HVSC?

Cheers,

Hillsman
Kenz
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Re: Sub Hunter Intro Music

Post by Kenz »

Hi Hillsman,

I'm glad you enjoyed the show. :)

The intro tune from Sub Hunter is called "Sinful" and can be found in the Drax folder in the HVSC.

I'm amazed at how well the music from the C64 game was converted onto the Amstrad. Herve Monchatre is a GENIUS!

I made this little promo video for the Amstrad version of the game that features music recorded directly from the Amstrad CPC:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScYR8NmxN28
New Commercial 8-BIT Games NOW AVAILABLE! - http://www.psytronik.net
Hillsman

Re: Sub Hunter Intro Music

Post by Hillsman »

Hi Kenz,

Many thanks for your reply and for pointing me in the right direction. The Psytronik special was excellent (I've listened to it several times!) and it prompted me to dig out all the relevant SIDS - I just couldn't find this particular track, though I must admit that Monchatre's version is better! Also looking for the Last Amazon Title track by Richard Bayliss that you featured - so many SIDs and so little time!!

I had no exposure to the Amstrad or Spectrum 128 in my youth so had no clue what those machines were capable of music-wise. For obvious reasons, the AY special is another of my favourite episodes :)

Now....time to start making my way through PVCF's compositions!!