Byte It! - Chip Breaks

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
Byte it

Byte It! - Chip Breaks

Post by Byte it »

like i promised i put up a complete song this time and hope you like it!

this is a part of a full release which will be available this year and will more songs inspired by the good old chiptunes!

feedback is always welcome and if you are interested in more checkout the website:

http://www.silentsphere-studios.com/index.html

THANKS a lot!
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Re: Byte It! - Chip Breaks

Post by Analog-X64 »

Authentic sounding.. I Like it.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Commie_User
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Commie_User »

Seconded. Gary Numan-esque too.

Reminds me very much of a crackto used which was a re-arranged Crazy Comets theme tune.
Byte it

Post by Byte it »

thanks to both of you for your feedbacks, im glad you like it! :)
Commie_User
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Commie_User »

Will you do an autorunning D64 download?
tomsk
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by tomsk »

Yup - this gets my vote too...really liked the Ninja tune on your homepage, then again I love anything that sounds like SID.
Byte it

Post by Byte it »

Commie_User wrote:Will you do an autorunning D64 download?
sorry dunno how to do it atm, i mostly do the stuff on synths etc. i got a mp3/WAV.
tomsk wrote:Yup - this gets my vote too...really liked the Ninja tune on your homepage, then again I love anything that sounds like SID.
thanks a lot :), hope you will like the future tunes i will present, keep your eyes and ears open for the release!
Commie_User
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Commie_User »

I don't program my 64 either. No need with VSTi, MIDI in, soundalike synths and allsorts now.
Byte it

Post by Byte it »

sorry for the silence :(

first, many thanks for the feedback, the album is mostly done, biggest last thing i have to get is a well done cover artwork, not so easy like i thought :(

so if any of you have good design skills, can forward me a great artwork etc. please email me or pm me!

i want to get this done this year still :).

thanks
Commie_User
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Commie_User »

You don't need to be an artist, just have a little imagination. The With The Beatles cover was quickly snapped in a hotel with just a sidelight and a curtain, yet it's one of the most iconic shots of all time.

And studio shots can look nice, even without that moody dankness:

And what about objects? I've been looking for that old lo-res webcam snap I took of my electric light. The glare of the bulb and the silhouette of the corrugated lampshade made it appear I was looking at a huge fireball coming out the bell of a UFO or something. It's amazing what luck can do.
Attachments
As I can't find it, here's a King Edward VII action poster I did one bored day. Just twiddle about and see what you get.
As I can't find it, here's a King Edward VII action poster I did one bored day. Just twiddle about and see what you get.
Edders.JPG (19.14 KiB) Viewed 13398 times
Byte it

Post by Byte it »

to all, i cannot reply on pms so far, i have to check when i can reply from the board (some rule here).
as of now i try to create some artwork and see other works too but for payment im not sure yet.
Commie_User wrote:You don't need to be an artist, just have a little imagination. The With The Beatles cover was quickly snapped in a hotel with just a sidelight and a curtain, yet it's one of the most iconic shots of all time.

And studio shots can look nice, even without that moody dankness:

And what about objects? I've been looking for that old lo-res webcam snap I took of my electric light. The glare of the bulb and the silhouette of the corrugated lampshade made it appear I was looking at a huge fireball coming out the bell of a UFO or something. It's amazing what luck can do.
thanks a lot, i try to find a way how to pixelate pics like a commodore screen, but so far i didnt find out.
Commie_User
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Commie_User »

Covered: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8170&p=88730#p88708

...And covered: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8170&p=88730#p88730

Kate Z also had a bash: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=8623

All your grainy 8-bit needs catered to.
Byte it

Post by Byte it »

Commie_User wrote:Covered: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8170&p=88730#p88708

...And covered: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8170&p=88730#p88730

Kate Z also had a bash: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=8623

All your grainy 8-bit needs catered to.
great thanks! :)

let me see if i can get something nice done, other thing i thought was the nice old oil paintings, i looooooooove those, love to have a mix of last ninja, katakis, turrican and some kung fu action, like a collage but that would be few hundred bucks to paint...
Commie_User
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Commie_User »

.....Or you could just use the oil paint effects in many art packages, like Paint Shop Pro. Even the editor with Microsoft Office has some nice modes.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Or, just put a camera one side of a window, stare through it from the outside, have someone pour water down the frame to form a curtain of water, and hey presto, instant impressionism!
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?