Wow Its December.

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Wow Its December.

Post by Analog-X64 »

Well not yet :) another 20 mins you see its 11:40 PM as I'm writing this and most of you are in bed and its already December.

Anyways enough of the rambling.

Before we you know it, December will have gone and 2011 will be behind us.

So what are your plans for December? What projects if any are you working on?

I've got quite a few things on the go. not sure if I'll finish any of them before 2012... will have to see.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Re: Wow Its December.

Post by LMan »

Time flies indeed! Well everyone should at least do their ROTY 2011 voting in december!! :nod:
Ferrara
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Ferrara »

My projects for December are as follows:

- finish the Ninja remix
- finish my studio/gameroom
- receive my pallet-shipment from the UK consisting of a one original Gauntlet coinop made by Atari back in the day 8)
- fix a broken Bubble Bobble coinop PCB board to be able to play the original BB during holidays
- fit an Atari Paperboy coinop into my gameroom and begin fixing it
- fit an Namco Xevious coinop into my gameroom and begin fixing it for my friend
- startup a company dealing with reproduction of all arcade/pinball etc related goods + arcade and game-related gift items

Quite a list, I'd say :D
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

I've been working on some original songs for an EP. I had hoped to finish it before Christmas, but it doesn't look like it'll be near ready by then. I also have some vocals to record for a yet undisclosed tune - of an unzy nature - by another member of this community.

Much time and energy goes into the ever ongoing project that is my son, which is why other projects only get attention when there's energy left for them. ;)
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
Mordi
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Mordi »

Makke doing vocals for lowly forum-peons? Nice. :P
I've gotten on board on some projects too, but so far I haven't produced anything worthy of anyone's time. November has, and half of december will be, busy for me. I am currently in examination. :?
Check out my website.
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

I dont know when any of these things will be worked on and finished.

- Several W.I.P's that are in the W.I.P's forums.. stopped working on them since I wasn't making any progress, when I return
to them I hope the creativity will flow again.

- 3D related video renders.. something for me, something for Razmo and maybe something else.. thats all I have to say about that.
PS: 3D rendering takes a long time, when I have to learn how to do everything from scratch.

- Restore/Re-build/Convert Arcade Cabinet.
I've had this Street Fighter II Alpha cabinet, which was previously X-Men Children of the ATOM. I'm going to gently convert it into a M.A.M.E Cabinet... however it will be convertible back to its original X-Men Children of the ATOM when needed.

- Maybe 2012 will be the year, I actually remix an actual C64 tune and hopefully its good enough to make it onto R.K.O

- Any other Projects that might spawn based on remix64.com :)
Ferrara
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Ferrara »

Analog-X64: Just as a quick note: The best UK forum for everything arcade & MAME related is www.jammaplus.co.uk, been a member for a couple of years now. The guys really know their stuff.
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Ferrara wrote:Analog-X64: Just as a quick note: The best UK forum for everything arcade & MAME related is http://www.jammaplus.co.uk, been a member for a couple of years now. The guys really know their stuff.
Thanks for the link Ferrara, I will definetly check it out.

In North America, this is the site that is popular. http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/ I've been a member since 2002 on that site which is run by John St. Clair who wrote the book http://www.projectarcade.com/

I have the Capcom system in my Arcade wit the B-Boards. I have Street Fighter II Alpha, X-Men COTA, Dimahoo (Great shooter)

I haven't plugged them in for a while now. They are most likely dead. Since they are the suicide boards. If you are not familiar, Capcom and a few other manufacturers would use a 3VDC Lithium cell battery on these boards that would keep the ROM Decryption table alive. Once the battery died (4-5 years) The decryption table would be lost, thus the game would stop working. I've read on several websites that some have been able to successfully revive them, but most dont share on the procedure.
Ferrara
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Ferrara »

Yes I've heard of the suiciding Capcom games. I have a couple of suicide boards too, by Gaelco, but they haven't yet died. (*knocks on wood*)
My best bet for trying to revive them is through the friendly guys at Jamma+ boards, although you have to reach at least 10 posts before the
technical and repair areas of the forum open up. It's very much worth it, though.

edit: Wow your last post was posted @ "leet" 13:37 :lol:
TNT
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by TNT »

Analog-X64 wrote:So what are your plans for December? What projects if any are you working on?
I'm working on several electro tracks of my own. I've got 6 in the line, but finished only one of them. Obviously I need to get my creativity back, which is kinda lost at this time. But I'm sure until xmas they're ready. Months ago some guys from Scandinavia and the USA established contact with me. They are producers themselves and also electro lovers and they want me to get a little more popular in the scene, because they like my style. Of course this is an extra animation just to get a little more into this electro thing. But unfortunately I've got another life to live next to my musician being, so time for creating sounds is the most precious commodity. However, no other remixes are planned at the moment. On one side I simply don't have any idea which soundtrack should be remixed next. At the other side I'm not able playing any guitar for getting better feedback. And for sure the community prefer guitar remixes. :mrgreen:
NecroPolo
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by NecroPolo »

After finalising the album for the band Burnout, I'll have many to-dos in December.

- Complete the vocal recording for our own album. It will be tricky because hayfever damaged my voice this summer (ending around early November here...) and it's still not fully recovered. Feels like running a race with good results to be reached while you are injured. I have a deadline of 19th of December and there are 7 more songs to be recorded. A preview of a completed song:

- Hit the stages with my old band in the remaining gigs on our 15th jubilee tour :
https://www.facebook.com/events/224970514235898/

- Finalise some sort of X-MAS single for Romanek Airlines

- Finish the remaining 4 tracks (out of 10) for a race game project for POLYGAMe Inc.

- Record bass for a rather powerful and kicking co-op SID remix, guitars are already done

- Record guitars for an another co-op SID remix with an another remixer, it will be a rather nice and funky one

- Depending on time available, finish my one-man project SID remix

- Perhaps, release a SID that is far from a final form at the moment

- Work on a simple / small music video that's been eating dust for a while

- Enjoy X-MAS holiday :)
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

NecroPolo wrote:After finalising the album for the band Burnout, I'll have many to-dos in December.

- Complete the vocal recording for our own album. It will be tricky because hayfever damaged my voice this summer (ending around early November here...) and it's still not fully recovered. Feels like running a race with good results to be reached while you are injured. I have a deadline of 19th of December and there are 7 more songs to be recorded. A preview of a completed song:

- Hit the stages with my old band in the remaining gigs on our 15th jubilee tour :
https://www.facebook.com/events/224970514235898/

- Finalise some sort of X-MAS single for Romanek Airlines

- Finish the remaining 4 tracks (out of 10) for a race game project for POLYGAMe Inc.

- Record bass for a rather powerful and kicking co-op SID remix, guitars are already done

- Record guitars for an another co-op SID remix with an another remixer, it will be a rather nice and funky one

- Depending on time available, finish my one-man project SID remix

- Perhaps, release a SID that is far from a final form at the moment

- Work on a simple / small music video that's been eating dust for a while

- Enjoy X-MAS holiday :)
Keeping busy there!!
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Mano-
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Mano- »

Well I have 1 more remix left to finish this year then Im gonna try out some silly mmorpg for a while. Still have 5 unfinished tunes on my harddrive and 30 more on the "to do list", might take some years to get all of them done. :D
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

I don't think I've ever had december speed by this quickly. That being said, I did manage to get a few things sorted out:
  • Write 20 page report on project management by December 6th
  • Cram for exam on the 13th (got a 'B' - yah!)
  • Release episode 50 of the C64 Takeaway.
  • Celebrate Christmas with family and loved ones
  • Move C64Takeaway.com and (Remix.)Kwed.Org away from GoDaddy, following their support for SOPA (50% done)
  • Process RKO backlog (almost done)
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

That is great stuff Jan!!!

December did fly by very quickly.

I'm thinking of taking some project managment courses maybe in 2012 first I have to finish the MCITP Courses I've signed up for in 2012.

I as well want to move all my domains from godaddy... I'll have to research a better alternative. I have one domain name registered with hover.com I might go back to them.