Remixer Of The Year 2011

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Remixer Of The Year 2011

Post by LMan »

Congratulations to everyone who made it to the lists and to the top! :worship:
And thank you SceneSat + Guests for the wonderful show!!

http://www.remix64.com/roty_2011.html
Kate-Z
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Re: Remixer Of The Year 2011

Post by Kate-Z »

Thanks to all those who voted for me - was a really big suprise! - that my divisive collaboration with Anna was so popular, and I love the irony of the split votes between the vocal/non-vocal version - talk about divisive, lol.

Thanks again to those who voted for me :) x
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

Congratulations to all the winners, especialy Slaygon and Jan!

I had a blast at the SceneSat HQ, catching up with old friends and meeting some new people.
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
Commie_User
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Commie_User »

I can't believe there are that many remixers. And that would just be the list.

And I have a link. Nothing to do with this but I have to put it somewhere. Games that are older than you think:
http://www.cracked.com/article_19619_7- ... think.html

(And older inventions. 'Ipod' in 1979?! http://www.cracked.com/article_16973_11 ... think.html )
RuneBertils

Post by RuneBertils »

Thank you to all of you who voted for us! This came as total suprise!! All of our tunes suddenly got 7-8 green faces within a few hours a couple of weeks ago, but despite that, we won! Again, thanks to all of you that put in a vote for Rune-Bertil's.
Congratulations to all of the other winners :)

And of course, a huge thanks to the remix 64 staff! You are doing a great job!! :worship:

:cheers:
Last edited by RuneBertils on 30/01/2012 - 7:44, edited 3 times in total.
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

That was a great show... I wish it was ROTY every day :)

Thank You to all the Musicians who produce and share the wonderful output. :cheers: :worship:

Thank You to all the Admins who work hard in the background to make websites, the shows and everything else work. :cheers:

Looking forward to ROTY 2012 :)
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
poke16384
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by poke16384 »

Thanks :D from me, Peter Clarke, (just in case anyone hasn't worked out the poke16384 handle), to each and every one of you that took the time to listen and vote for me.

There have been some really great remixes this year and my I send my congrats to the other winners, anyone who made the lists.... and everyone that didn't....

There have been 189 remixes submitted and that is something of a statement 20 years after the C64 ceased to be a mainstream computer. If you didn't make the lists this year...
REMEMBER! it all begins again today!

Here's to this year :cheers: and all the wonderful, weird, wacky, dreadful, brilliant, awful and inspiring remixes that are crafted and submitted.

THANK YOU to Chris, Jan, LMan and all of the team :worship: who keep this website very much alive and healthy as a vehicle for composers and musicians, as a source of inspiration
for the 'wanna be' composers and musicians and as a place to hear and feel the spirit of a unique time in recent history.

Thank You!
It's all about the notes, where you put 'em, what you do with 'em and how long they last
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

I turned in early last night and didn't get to listen to the show - but when I woke up this morning there was an MMS from Makke with a picture of an lifetime achievement award - with my name on it. Have to admit that it took a while for the news to sink in.

Having listened to award-bits on ReLive now, I can't help but feel very humbled by this. Thank you all.

And thanks to the people who create the awesome music that keeps me going. :D
SarahKreuz31
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by SarahKreuz31 »

almost missed to vote (if there weren`t Markus who spread the word on Facebook...) :oops:

As always: thanks 2 all who share their Music with us! It doesn`t matter in the end WHERE your position in the ranking finally is. As long as you`re there SOMEWHERE,you fucking made it :D
If this ROTY award results in only one Musician who gets motivated by this ranking to do it better the next Timt (or to jump into the Top Ten again),this ROTY has fulfilled it`s appointment...I guess.
And for the rest of us (who`re not uploading to RKO) it`s great to see some people are sharing the love for the Music by Daxx,Commando64,KateZ,Mordi andandand.
keep the spirit alive,guys
RealNC
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by RealNC »

Hey, why the heck did I place last in the 2010 round? :mrgreen:
AndyUK
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by AndyUK »

poke16384 wrote:Thanks :D from me, Peter Clarke,

For me, the Ocean loader Orchestral nailed the title.. Congratulations!!
poke16384
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by poke16384 »

Thanks Andy :D
It's all about the notes, where you put 'em, what you do with 'em and how long they last
Mano-
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Mano- »

Well done everyone, looking forward to what this year might bring.
Ziphoid
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Ziphoid »

All the plaques, with the exception of the ones for daXX and Gibs for their Amiga remix which will be delivered at http://revision-party.net, have now been sent and they should start to arrive at the recipients this week or at the latest early next week.

Therefor, I'd like to ask the winners to take a picture where they're posing with the plaque and post it in here. :)

Once again, congratulations to all the winners and keep the excellent remixes coming!

// Ziphoid
SceneSat founder and DJ. | Re-live moments past at reLive.nu | For an Amiga flashback - AmigaRemix.com

Ziphoid
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Ziphoid »

Mano- wrote:Well done everyone, looking forward to what this year might bring.
Well done yourself, dear Sir. Keep up your good work as well. :)
SceneSat founder and DJ. | Re-live moments past at reLive.nu | For an Amiga flashback - AmigaRemix.com