Movie Monster Game

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
aumnation

Movie Monster Game

Post by aumnation »

I'm suprised there is no C64 movie monster game remix yet. It's such a cool theme and it's by Epyx. If you haven't heard about it here's a youtube video about it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKN1RAMn1dA . An epic game for sure and one of the first ones with "destructible environment". I think I read about a remake/sequel during the early 2000's but haven't heard about it since. Just the usual vaporware I guess.
Commie_User
Forum God
Forum God

Re: Movie Monster Game

Post by Commie_User »

Now there's an old game for me to play.

I only knew of Rampage, this version for the Atari 2600 which I had. Movie Monster Game was wider in scope and I'm surprised I wasn't interested before.

The guy also name-checked Mail Order Monsters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSCl7y7YijQ

And I daresay the 'percussion' rhythm of the guys running along can be sampled and looped and used in session!
RobinsonMason
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by RobinsonMason »

Ah, that is a neat tune. I long assumed that the Movie Monster Game was a repackaged Crush,Crumble and Chomp which uses "Night on Bald Mountain" in its SID. The Movie Monster Game looks like a remake on par with the Temple of Apshai Trilogy vs. the original Temple of Apshai, and has its own unique SIDs. Nice!
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Movie monster - I associate that with incredibly long loading times compared to incredibly short play times :D
nummer2
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by nummer2 »

Well thats not right cause Joe Barwick did one pretty cool remix of it. Its called groovy monsters you can get it at kwed. 8)
aumnation

Post by aumnation »

True, I don't know how i missed it. It's pretty good actually. Kudos to the musician and all MMG fans.
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

RobinsonMason wrote:Ah, that is a neat tune. I long assumed that the Movie Monster Game was a repackaged Crush,Crumble and Chomp which uses "Night on Bald Mountain" in its SID. The Movie Monster Game looks like a remake on par with the Temple of Apshai Trilogy vs. the original Temple of Apshai, and has its own unique SIDs. Nice!
Crush, Crumble and Chomp came first from Epyx (also on Apple II). The Movie Monster Game came later, and as LMan said it took a long while to loaf on tape. But they did actually license Godzilla and other monsters for it. I love the cinema marquee where you choose your monster, location and mission.
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live