Help needed with reference levels

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
AndyUK
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Help needed with reference levels

Post by AndyUK »

Hey Guys.. After royally messing up my Frontpage tune ( The daughter dear turned up my bass/treble dials on the amp and when I did the final version for upload I didn't check so ended up with a version with virtually no 'real' bass .. Sighh 3 months work down the drain ) anyways. Would it be possible for some kind soul to get me a reference level from this tune.

Basically all i need to know ( now that I have all dials and sliders on the box set at default ) is if the bass levels are acceptable to your ears, too much ? too little??. Sounds weird but after the wasted time I spent on that last tune I'm all aggravated about 'levels'. These are levels with both my headphones and speakers that I think are sounding 'right'.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Andy
Commie_User
Forum God
Forum God

Re: Help needed with reference levels

Post by Commie_User »

Sounds fine. Clear and clean. Come back to it in a few days to tweak if you must, perhaps boosting and limiting the lower-mid some more as that doesn't hurt with this kind of track.

As for your amp, if it has no tone control bypass, simply rotate it to have the controls out of the way of fiddling fingers.

________

So now then guys, what about mine: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8776
Mordi
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Mordi »

Listened to this on a stereo setup with a subwoofer, and it sounds really good!
Check out my website.
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

I can confirm that it does sound good even on shoddy equipment.
All is lost.
AndyUK
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by AndyUK »

Thanks for all the replies guys, Bass/Treble knobs set at 0 ( This one goes to 11!!! ).. Equalizer flat-lined and child let off with a warning heh. Of course now the boy child is crawling.. Sighh Thinking I need a new stereo cabinet with doors!!

Again, thankyou! But Mordi, remind me next time to drop a new remix in a few weeks AFTER you heh.. Tristesse is a wonderful tune mate, has that old school 'Silents' feel.. Almost Global trash but still holds that Maniacs feel.. Man it's smooth.. Good Job mate!

Andy
Mordi
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Mordi »

AndyUK wrote: Again, thankyou! But Mordi, remind me next time to drop a new remix in a few weeks AFTER you heh.. Tristesse is a wonderful tune mate, has that old school 'Silents' feel.. Almost Global trash but still holds that Maniacs feel.. Man it's smooth.. Good Job mate!
Sweet! Thanks for the feedback.
Check out my website.