Zoooombies!

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Zoooombies!

Post by Razmo »

Yup!... I'm more than 2 min. into a new C64 Remix that just suddenly "landed" in my studio totaly unprepared... Was just messing around and suddenly this tune popped up, and the idears started flowing.... no need to introduce the tune, everyoe knows it when you hear it :wink:

What'a'ya'say? ... worth finishing? any critique? anything to point your greasy fingers at?... then I want to hear it :)
Bass is a Waldorf Microwave run through an Electro Harmonix NANO Smallstone Phaser.
Organ is Yamaha FS1R
Lead Melody are DSI Tetra
Eerie FX in the beginning Yamaha EX5
All drums and vocal effects are samples played on E-MU E5000 Ultra.
Regards, Jess D. Skov-Nielsen (Razmo).
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Re: Zoooombies!

Post by Vosla »

:mrgreen: Brrraiiiinnnns...
All is lost.
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Vosla wrote::mrgreen: Brrraiiiinnnns...
Guess you got bitten then :argh: ... run!
Vosla

Post by Vosla »

More like patient zero... errr... Brains ?
All is lost.
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Tempo changed from 120 to 125 BPM which is closer to the original... found that after having a break from the composing, that it sounded a little too slow... think it's better now :)
SkyMarshall Arts
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by SkyMarshall Arts »

The "drop" around :50 really did it for me. Great little track.
God created man
Man created machine
Machine created music

My Website | Discord | Spotify | YouTube | Remix64
AndyUK
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by AndyUK »

Jeeshhh!!! You been taking those them there red bulls!! Throwing tunes out left and right.... But just like red bull, damn sweeeet! nice one pal :) The only issue I'm not keen on is that the Spooky lead has been lost, this one's a little too choppy for my love of the original. ( if that makes sense )? but as for the rest.. love it. gonna finish this.. please ?
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

AndyUK wrote:Jeeshhh!!! You been taking those them there red bulls!! Throwing tunes out left and right.... But just like red bull, damn sweeeet! nice one pal :) The only issue I'm not keen on is that the Spooky lead has been lost, this one's a little too choppy for my love of the original. ( if that makes sense )? but as for the rest.. love it. gonna finish this.. please ?

I know what you mean... and I've been trying to implement that "spooky lead" in the original (with a theremin like voice which is partialy present in the latest update)... but this part of the original does not exactly lend itself to the style I've chosen, so I may have to omit this... I don't know yet.

Don't worry... this WILL be finished (a gut feeling I've got at the moment)... but it may end with being just the main groovy part of the original as mentioned above... I simply don't know if I can merge the two styles and have it sound good... the intro in the original also runs at a slower speed than the main groove.

I'll see what I can do... stay tuned :wink:
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

:worship:
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

OK... got the "Theremin" spooky sound into the beginning along with some improvised Harpsichord like lines... Tell me what you think of this.

I Decided to let it be part of the intro as this seemed to be the best solution.... Had a bit of a problem with that Theremin sound, cause it's a patch on my Waldorf Pulse which is monophonic, and the melodi actualy consist of two sounds... so I had to sample the Pulse in two takes and let the sampler play it back at the same time, but it worked.... just me being stubborn, cause i WANTED that Theremin like sound and nothing else :roll:

All in all I think it worked out pretty well, but it's always nice to have second oppinions...

Also listened to the original today... and there is one more melodic part that I'd like to implement later, so this is definitely not finished yet... also more effects should be put in where applicable... just know I have to be using zombie sounds sparsely... I like zombies! 8) ... but i took the sounds a bit too far with the "Entombed" remix, so I'll not make the same error this time.

Hmmm... think I'm going on a Wolf Howl search today... think some wolf howls would be nice in there too...
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Remix now has full length, and the extra melodyline has been done too... I only need to do final touch up on this now... a couple of days more and it should be off for RKO i think.
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Small changes... mostly more effects'n'stuff... maybe too much, I don't know, and I don't care, I had fun making this hehe... that's the whole point :twisted:
AndyUK
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by AndyUK »

BWahalllaaaBrrwlala !!!! Stop eating me!!.. heh.. Damn you've nailed it pal.! An exceptional remix, and effects.. OOh yeah!! :)

I've listened to it 4 or 5 times back to back now and it just plain rules.. You've done such a good job it'd have to be one of the best remixes I've heard this year. Not for the tune, but for the 'remix' it's ghosts 'n' goblins for modern times and I love it.!!! Awesome :worship:

Now get it up on kwed so I can grab it and drop it onto the ipod. Thankyou!! heh
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Thanks a lot for the positive feedback AndyUK :) ... it's appreciated.

The only thing needed is a final listening today, and then a round of mixing levels/EQ/effects'n'stuff... and then a bit of mastering.

Point is, that I have to have breaks when I do music because I get sort of "arrangement tonedeaf" when you sit with the same piece over and over again... it may sound perfect when you leave it, and then the next day it may sound awful... with a proper break I'm able to hear instantly if something is wrong when I play it back after the break.... sort of like hearing it with fresh ears so to speak.

a day or two and it'll be in the queue...
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Upped for RKO now... link here is NOT updated....

Finaly finished something again :D