Shruthi-1

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Shruthi-1

Post by Razmo »

Just got this DIY synth yesterday, and have just finished soldering and assembling it.

It's basically an 8-bit digital synth with a pletora of different synthesis possibilities not found in any other hardware synth. It can do FM, Wavetable, Subtractive, Formant and more... but the nice thing is, that the digital synthesis is run through an analog filter and VCA.

I've had my eyes on this machine for a long time, and now that I have it and listen to it, I don't know why I did not get this earlier... holy crap, it's got a sound of it's own... it can sound like a Waldorf Microwave on steroids or warm and analog like a Roland... really really impressed with this little fella... and for about 160 EURO it's a bargain.

Took me about a day to build... worked on it's first run.

Anyone with skills to build such a thing and interrest in hardware synths should look here for info on it:

http://mutable-instruments.net/

They've got other interresting DIY products as well... It's just the basic version I bought, but you can buy other filter boards that emulate many other filter types, even digital ones with Lo-Fi FX.

Check it out :) ... you can even make your own user wavetables.
Regards, Jess D. Skov-Nielsen (Razmo).
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Re: Shruthi-1

Post by Chris Abbott »

Wow.
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

The demos sound awesome!
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Yes... the demo's sound awesome, but to me it sounds even fatter here in the studio... don't know why, it just sounds awesome... very happy with this machine I am :mrgreen:

I've run into a problem with creating an editor for it though, so I'll have to ask for a few firmware additions in their forums... hope they'll consider it :| ... I usualy make editors in the old program "SoundDiver" for my synths, but it does not support the checksum format of the Shruthi-1's sysex dumps...
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Ok Razmo... their website needs a kick ass demo song!!! :) Make one and upload it there, They will sell many of these units :)
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Analog-X64 wrote:Ok Razmo... their website needs a kick ass demo song!!! :) Make one and upload it there, They will sell many of these units :)
He he... well that would require audio recording in layers cause it's monophonic :) ... doable for certain, but just not how I work at the moment... but yes... there is no demo songs on their homepage that's right, and they ought to have a few.

Currently I've done the editor for it... they did not want to change the checksum problem, so I had to find a workaround, which I did... right now I'm toying with the making of some wavetables... works fine... trying to make a wavetable with five single cycles that go "r-r-r-a-a-a-z-z-z-m-m-m-o-o-o" :lol: ... Kraftwerk go home! 8)