AMIGA Revisited 2011 - Tim Wright Amiga Music Compilation

Have you released a new remix at Remix.Kwed.Org, AmigaRemix or somewhere else on the web? Tell the community about it here!
CoLDSToRAGE

AMIGA Revisited 2011 - Tim Wright Amiga Music Compilation

Post by CoLDSToRAGE »

Hi!

Just wanted to let you know that I've finally put together an interim album to appease those waiting on my "PSYGNOSIS 25" album, which is still on-going from last year ( please go here for more info. on that project - http://www.coldstorage.org.uk/vote/ ).

So!
This new album is called "AMIGA Revisited 2011" and features some tracks that appeared on the CD only compilations AMIGA Immortal 2 and AMIGA Immortal 3 as well as a bonus re-engineered track which originally featured on my MELT album.

Please go check it out here: http://coldstorage.bandcamp.com/album/a ... sited-2011 :D

All the best!
Tim.
aka. CoLD SToRAGE
Greyfox

Re: AMIGA Revisited 2011 - Tim Wright Amiga Music Compilatio

Post by Greyfox »

Brilliant stuff..really enjoyed listening to them...
Matt Smith
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Matt Smith »

Excellent stuff indeed. Thanks for the heads-up! Greatly looking forward to the Psygnosis anniversary album, too.

Out of curiosity, did you compose the music for the Amiga version of Microcosm? As far as I can tell, the tracks on the "Vote" page were featured on the Mega CD and 3D0 versions of the game, but not on the CD32 port. Also, do you know what happened with that whole Rick Wakeman business? I seem to recall the publicity for the game (and several magazines) wittering on about him doing the music for Microcosm, but obviously he wasn't responsible for the in-game tracks.
ronaldvd
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by ronaldvd »

Matt Smith wrote:
> Also, do you know what happened with that whole Rick Wakeman business? I seem to
> recall the publicity for the game (and several magazines) wittering on about him
> doing the music for Microcosm, but obviously he wasn't responsible for the in-game
> tracks.

There is one audio track by Rick Wakeman on the CD32 release of Microcosm. It's not actually used in the game, however.
The in-game music is credited to Kevin Collier.

Rick Wakeman did compose and perform at least 8 tracks intended for the game. They were later released on an album titled Medium Rare, as The Microcosm Suite.
Matt Smith
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Matt Smith »

Cheers muchly for the info! Looking up the album track listing, a curious thing emerges; all the Microcosm tracks are named after planets in the Bator system, as detailed at punishing and entirely pointless length in the Microcosm game manual. (The Mega CD manual, that is. I've never seen the CD32 manual; possibly it's not quite so concerned with telling you about leaden plot stuff that has no bearing whatsoever on the actual game.) I get the impression that Psygnosis were planning something quite different from the game that eventually ended up being made (perhaps they were intending to have the player fly around inside various people on different planets, or something), and commissioned Mr Wakeman to compose music to fit their original idea for how the thing would play out. And then they realised it was all too complicated or ran out of money or just plain changed their minds, and his tracks no longer fitted in with what they wanted to do.

Hmm. They probably shouldn't have made such a big deal about his involvement with the game's soundtrack, then, should they? It's all very well wanting to attach a famous musician's name to your state-of-the-art (but less good and not as pretty) Space Harrier rip-off, but not if he's ended up contributing precisely nothing to the soundtrack you hear while playing. It's cynically dishonest and, frankly, insulting to the musicians whose work WAS used.
SarahKreuz31
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by SarahKreuz31 »

The Titletheme of "Agony" is simply a Masterpiece. The melancholy in the Track made me almost cry the first Time I heard it on an Amiga. Gives me goosebumbs even nowadays. Every Time :!: Sorry to say, but no Remix of the Agony Title did that again too me. Not even from the Composer himself.

But it`s good to see that Tim Wright is revisting his past. There should be a lot more Composers follow his footsteps.

oh.....and FUCK YOU,DIMMU BORGIR! XD Haven`t buyed any Album since I was aware they ripped MY beloved agony owl, and left their dead Body lying in a corner. Now they`re dead for me :)

ronaldvd
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by ronaldvd »

CoLDSToRAGE wrote:Just wanted to let you know that I've finally put together an interim album to appease those waiting on my "PSYGNOSIS 25" album, which is still on-going from last year
For those who missed it, Tim Wright has finished his "PSYGNOSIS 25" album which is now titled "STRIX MEMORIA ◔"
The album will be released on a USB memory stick and can be ordered until the end of the month here: http://www.tantrumedia.com/strixmemoria/