modern gameplay with amiga music inspiration

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
egos

modern gameplay with amiga music inspiration

Post by egos »

Hello

I am new on the forum but i follow your work with attention.

I finished a game with the art design inspired of the game shadow of the beast.
The goal is to make a tribute to this fantastic game and maybe try to help the young generation to discovers this part of game history.
The gameplay is completly different because i considere that no one would like today to play to the original gameplay..... its just my opinion :worship:

I searching a musician who accept to work on the music part inspired of the original music.

For make an idea i put in the beta version the original song (its just for show the effect of amiga music in modern gameplay)
This is the link of the beta version. ( use chrome for best experience)

CRAZY TOWER

For the small history i tried to contact the legal owner of the music but the liverpool studio didnt take a lot of time to answer to my question.....

Thanks in advance for your answer

Egos
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Re: modern gameplay with amiga music inspiration

Post by Chris Abbott »

A sense of entitlement wrote: For the small history i tried to contact the legal owner of the music but the liverpool studio didnt take a lot of time to answer to my question.....
The original studio is long gone, and having contacted me, I'm still waiting for an answer from Dave Whittaker about the music, which I only got the email for yesterday.

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
egos

Post by egos »

the original studio and all the property was incoporoate into sony and dispareat the 22 august of this years ?

I dont understant if the studio is long gone how they can contact you ?

Do you accept to share the david mail with me ? i cantacted c64audio.com for having this adresse but no reponse too.

If not can you just precise ( or ask the question to david ?) who have the legal property of this music because i have a doubt .... i working in the game industry and the music license is ONLY for the dev studio never for the artist.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

> i cantacted c64audio.com for having this adresse but no reponse too.
Not yet: I've forwarded your email to this address to David, so have a little patience.

Back in the old days Composers had a bit more power to keep rights (especially on the 8-bits) but the situation with David is presumably complicated.

Chris
egos

Post by egos »

Hello

Thank you so much for this help.

For the version i post here I didnt find a music artist at this time but people consider that the SOB music sound good in my game. During the waiting of david answer i put a creative common song on it.

AND I published it on kongregate and i confirm the originality of the game and the fun (but too much bug and in particulary a big one appear the first day and i solve too late)
here the link
http://www.kongregate.com/games/egos0/c ... razy+tower

I hope to receive some news from david or ..... an artist but its complicated:
An artist want money for working ( and its normal) but music is the most simple to find (its crazy the eassiness to find a random music free)

BUT my position stay clear i want to give their part to music artist and i know that SOB music in a modern gameplay is not just a trip its a real idea in term of GD.
egos

Post by egos »

hello

I receive an email from the web site psygnosis amiga fan

"yes shadow of the beast music is copyright tim wright, aka Cold Storage : http://www.coldstorage.org.uk/"

I think he talk about SOB II and III.

It s just interesting the difficulty fo find the owner of a music......
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Maybe you should talk to him about putting SOB 2 and 3 music into your game? I'm not having much luck at my end.
egos

Post by egos »

Chris Abbott wrote:Maybe you should talk to him about putting SOB 2 and 3 music into your game? I'm not having much luck at my end.

Its not the same ... but you already know that
I will try to ask hinm the question about the copyirght .

just for information chris :
David dont respond to you or its not the good adress or he didtn have the copyright or what ?
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

egos wrote:
Chris Abbott wrote:Maybe you should talk to him about putting SOB 2 and 3 music into your game? I'm not having much luck at my end.

Its not the same ... but you already know that
I will try to ask hinm the question about the copyirght .

just for information chris :
David dont respond to you or its not the good adress or he didtn have the copyright or what ?
No response (yet). He's probably busy. I've no idea what he thinks the copyright situation is...
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

OK, he says that there were no paper contracts (As usual), so he still owns the music to SoTB, since copyright requires assignment in writing.

What were the parameters of this game anyway? Is it going to be commercial?
egos

Post by egos »

Hey

If you have a respone it s very good

Its commercial in the sense that i need the right/aggreement of david to use this music in my game and publish it on web site like kongregate, newgrounds, mochi ect .....
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Is it commercial in the sense that it has the prospect of making any money?
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

egos wrote: Its commercial in the sense that i need the right/aggreement of david to use this music in my game and publish it on web site like kongregate, newgrounds, mochi ect .....
My 2cents.

I would also read the disclaimers on those sites, carefully you may inadvertently give permission to those sites to make money off of your game/song without your permission, or worse transfer ownership to them.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Analog-X64 wrote:
egos wrote: Its commercial in the sense that i need the right/aggreement of david to use this music in my game and publish it on web site like kongregate, newgrounds, mochi ect .....
My 2cents.

I would also read the disclaimers on those sites, carefully you may inadvertently give permission to those sites to make money off of your game/song without your permission, or worse transfer ownership to them.
Indeed: it's a good point. If any of those sites claim ownership of the IP of your game, Dave's music can't go in it (remixed or no), since that might generate claims on his work: and we had enough of that to last a lifetime with Zombie Nation.

Chris
egos

Post by egos »

Yes its for commercial use .

For kongregate they cant use anything of the game without the publisher agrement. I think you make reference about the 'possibility" for the publisher to share the music of the game on another service.