graphic analyser question.

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
Doddsy
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

graphic analyser question.

Post by Doddsy »

Hi all,

I've got a question to ask;

Last year I had an old HI-fi unit that had a great graphic EQ on it. Basically when I played music through it, it showed me when certain frequencies were too much by going into the red. Sadly this indespensible piece of kit is no more and I'm having real trouble now in determining if a bass part is too bassey or a treble part is too much or even not enough. On my DAW the spectrum analyser only shows whats already in the computer and not external midi gear going into the DAW. It's not graphically as easy to read either.

So are there any decent graphic analyser plug ins available.
Any help on this would be apreciated. :D
Commie_User
Forum God
Forum God

Re: graphic analyser question.

Post by Commie_User »

Usually it's enough to use the level meters on the channel strips or just use your ears. But if you want metered equalisers then you can try this:

http://www.lisisoft.com/free-download-v ... tudio.html

And there's plenty misc stuff here: http://www.untidymusic.com/vst-plugins/ ... g-plugins/

On my DAW the spectrum analyser only shows whats already in the computer and not external midi gear going into the DAW.
MIDI signals can't overload. Maybe you're having trouble with line output levels.
Doddsy
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Doddsy »

Many thanks Commie_User for your help.

I've come across a good one called Seven Phases Spectral Analyzer. It does just the job!
Mordi
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Mordi »

I was using FL Paragraphic Equalizer 2 for ages, but then I realized it's not that great. I peeked over Dafunk's shoulder while he was working on something on Ziph's comp once, and noticed he used a nice looking equalizer called "Fabfilter Pro-Q". It's much better. I don't think it shows when levels are too high though.
Check out my website.