Export WAVs from any SIDPlayer?

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Marcel Donné
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Export WAVs from any SIDPlayer?

Post by Marcel Donné »

Hi ho Chaps,

So, currently I'm using a seriously outdated version of Sidplay2/w win32 version (Nov 7 2002), which lets me export a single voice as a WAV.

Problem is that it doesn't play certain files, for instance Rob's Arcade Classics, which returns a "Could not determine file format" error.

I found a javaplayer (JSidplay2) which lets me mute voices, but not export it as a WAV. Also, it doesn't let me mute the channel that plays samples.

So, I'm open for any suggestions, tips, links to achieve exporting all 3 + sample channels as a WAV :wink:

Many thanks in advance :D
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Re: Export WAVs from any SIDPlayer?

Post by Chris Abbott »

In HVSC there used to be often two kinds of file: a PSID file and a non-PSID file for things with samples. That Sidplay is probably having a problem with one of those.

If you shell out a little, the "premium" version of the Sidplayer for the iPhone (and Android, I think) allows you to do stuff like this. Not sure about exporting, but 3.5mm is your friend :)
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Marcel Donné
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Marcel Donné »

Chris Abbott wrote:If you shell out a little, the "premium" version of the Sidplayer for the iPhone (and Android, I think)
I would, unfortunately I have a BB Z10 :? so that puts that option out the window :wink:
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Hmm, and the Android version doesn't appear to have the same options for voice muting and stuff...
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Marcel Donné
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Marcel Donné »

So, I went through every single possible SID-player but no. None of them support exporting single voices as a WAV. :?

Maybe Mr. Sidplay/w Simon White can help me out, we'll see :wink: