Hewson consultants

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Hewson consultants

Post by tas »

I've been reading up on Hewson and I've found myself oddly interested in what they did and how they worked. With Andrew Hewson releasing a book and his son Rob now in the games industry as a developer I'm now so curious to know how Hewson became 1st century and how they went from Cybernoid, paradroid, Uridium, stormlord to pinball illusions, fantasies etc.. And what happened next!!! Music in their games must have been paramount with Jeroen Tel, and hubbard appearing frequently. Why the word "consultants"?
How did they push the boundries that they did? I'm so close to asking it, it bothers me... maybe for 1 day only I may come out of retirement and ask these questions.... A new idea, a joint interview with Rob and his dad Andrew interests me no end... I'll think on it, but bugger me I wanna know!
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Re: Hewson consultants

Post by Analog-X64 »

Hey Tas long time no see :) The answer to that question maybe in a back issue of Retro Gamer Magazine, issue #77 I think.. I'll have to go dig it up and double check.
Last edited by Analog-X64 on 22/12/2013 - 16:33, edited 1 time in total.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Hey mr X64... that would be awesome, please do if you get a spare moment. Totally appreciated.
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

God, I just thought... imagine a book of 8 bit software houses. who, why and what? would love to read a book like that! Stories of Gremlin, Ocean, Elite, Hewson, etc etc etc... 10 years ago might have even gone about it... now I just wouldn't mind reading someone else's efforts!!!!
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

There are already Sensible and Ocean books, too.
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
The Von Braun
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by The Von Braun »

Finally signed up, but i've be 'known' to Chris for years....anywho thought you good people might like to take a read of a recent interview i was lucky enough to partake in with Andrew (i was known as Rogue Trooper over on RVG).Enjoy:

http://www.retrovideogamer.co.uk/index.php?topic=3109.0
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Thanks for the Xmas card there, Vonny :) I sent you a Christmas mail, but it probably went to a defunct email address thanks to my dodgy memory and Outlook failing to recognise the search string I was using!

Nice interview, good questions!
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
The Von Braun
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by The Von Braun »

Cheers Chris.I was lucky enough to partake in good few community interviews on RVG and you can find my questions put to likes of:Bob Jacob, Simon P, Dino Dini, Darryl Still, Rebellion, Jon Ritman and Mike Montgomery etc.

Tried my humble best to put questions that would generate the best type of answers.Dino was a nightmare to do, he was fantastic in his answers, but i was'nt into Kick Off, but RVG needed questions, so i had to come up with good few out of thin air and Bob Jacob ducked a good few i submitted.

Andrew will be (hopefully) attending a certain celb.opening off a friends Retro venue i'm 'helping' with in Easter 2014, if all works out.Will 'plug' that in a moment...