Introduce yourself here!

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Mano-
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by Mano- »

Welcome equalypse!
Aknotronic
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Aknotronic »

I’m not sure why I haven’t done this before, so I guess that now is as good a time as any.

When I was a kid there was a couple of older boys living across the street in the small city I lived in who had an Amiga 500. I would go and visit them as often as I could as I were fascinated by it, especially the games. I bought my own Amiga (600) back in 1992 (at age 12) after earning the money by delivering newspapers for a couple of years (being a paperboy did not make you rich). I “borrowed” all the stuff from the boys across the street and more or less locked myself up in my room for the next couple of years exploring the content and sucking the disks dry. That is where I got familiar with Pro Tracker, which was basically my first DAW if you can even call it that. I later bought a XP-60 Roland Workstation and a MC-505 which I had some great fun with. But Hardware is really expensive. So, I looked into a Tracker for the PC, but found a sequencer called Fruity Loops 3 which I bought very cheap. What I didn’t really notice was that It included life time upgrades, so today I’m using FL Studio 20. Properly been the best purchase I have ever made. VST’s and samples opened up a whole new world of possibilities (and made making music affordable as a hobby). As I got older the tunes from the Amiga days always stuck with me, and when I found out that there was a whole community (amigaremix.com) based on this I got intrigued, and after listening to a lot of cool remixes I couldn’t help myself. I simply had to play around with this concept. I Joined in 2010 and still coming by quite often in hopes of seeing/listening to new exiting releases.

Well that was a quick summarization of my "Amiga" life😉. Here come the cool facts. I’m 38 years old, from Denmark and live with my wife and our two kids. I’m a full-time computer nerd with a good job. I still love computer games and of cause still make music when time allows.
I look forward to listening to all the new music being shared here, and to relive some of my fondest memories from back when I was sealed in my room with my Amiga 😊 (The good old days). Keep up the remixing!

Peace out.

/Aknotronic
Dumper
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Dumper »

Welcome Aknotronic.
rmk15286

Post by rmk15286 »

Hi, my name is Keith. It`s been a while since i have been here but i am in in the proccess of getting my original Amiga A500 and Amiga A1200 operational again. Amiga A1200 is running great running Workbench 3.1.4 (current), but i really want my Amiga A500 working again as i have an Action Replay MK III which i used all the time. I also found my AMOS amiga game i made in 1996/97 called Watch Your Step. It`s lame but it`s the only game i ever made back then. I have an .ADF if enyone interested. I tried PM`ing - Email`ing a musician on this site but got a "Something went wrong" error, not sure if it`s because i`m new?
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Hi Keith, not sure why you'd get that error. but things going wrong is pretty much par for the course for life ATM... ;-)

Welcome anyway.
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
LoveC64tunes

Post by LoveC64tunes »

Hi, Rob here. I am 43 years old.
Big fan of C64 music.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Welcome, Mr Love :) Or is that Mr Tunes?
Mordi
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Mordi »

Maybe it's Mr. Hubbard? I know for a fact that he's a big fan of C64 music, but I don't know his age...
Check out my website.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

He's not younger than me :)
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

wow, now I feel old. ^^

Welcome to the board, friends!
All is lost.
poke16384
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by poke16384 »

Welcome Alisha...

There's a nice mixed bunch or musicians, programmers and fans here who all have one thing in common; we all love C64 & Amiga music.

I was gonna say and we're all geeks but I suppose there's a few 'Muggles' here too..

...and welcome Rob.. Musta missed saying Hi to you back in January.... Welcome aboard BOTH of you... :cheers:
It's all about the notes, where you put 'em, what you do with 'em and how long they last
Vosla

Post by Vosla »

poke16384 wrote: (...)I was gonna say and we're all geeks but I suppose there's a few 'Muggles' here too...(...)
Yessss. Be happy and rejoice that I refrain from touching instruments or microphones.

AS IT IS FORTOLD THAT ON THE DAY VOSLA BEGINS TO SING,

EARTH CRUST SHALL BREAK UP AND STARTS TO BOIL, SO HELL BEGINS ITS REIGN.

BLOOD WILL FLOW, WOMEN AND CHILDREN WILL WAIL IN HORROR AND PAIN.

HIS TALENTS BETTER BE KEPT BURIED OR THE END IT WILL BRING!

[insert horrid old men choir here]
All is lost.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Yeah, "Jeff" and "Alisha" were from a slots company's PR department. *nuked*
Vosla

Post by Vosla »

*BOOM!* *SHLIK-SHLAK!*
Thanks, Chris!
All is lost.
riowilliam78

Post by riowilliam78 »

Hello! I am Rio Williams!