RKO update

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
CraigG
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

RKO update

Post by CraigG »

Anyone seen RKO recently? From the current page that's online, it appears the hosts need help. I know Jan has in the past said he doesn't want financial donations, but seeing as there's a PayPal button there now, I decided to donate. Maybe if everyone chips in, it'll help...
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: RKO update

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

CraigG wrote:Anyone seen RKO recently? From the current page that's online, it appears the hosts need help. I know Jan has in the past said he doesn't want financial donations, but seeing as there's a PayPal button there now, I decided to donate. Maybe if everyone chips in, it'll help...
I just noticed it now myself: for the record, that donation page has nothing to do with RKO.

(The official RKO donation policy being is that I accept Amazon UK gift certificates made out to my e-mail address. But none of this goes toward hosting. Baffles previous stance was that he didn't want donations.)

Other sites hosted on that box (including AmigaRemix.com) seem to be pointing to the bsdlogin.com donationpage as well.
CraigG
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by CraigG »

By "help", I should perhaps clarify that I meant getting the hosting back for said sites, rather than directly "helping" RKO (although it does this anyway). I figure even if this doesn't happen, I've used enough of their bandwidth to make a donation anyway!
bastard
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Cold turkey!

Post by bastard »

First I got the understanding that it was a simple HD crash, and assumed it would be down for a couple of day... maybe a week... But this is tough... This is too much! :cry:
2000 A.D. State of the art software