ÁROK/SLAY Radio remix compo!
Welcome to our ONLINE C64 Remix Competition!
Background story: Árok party is an annual 8-bit demoscene event in Hungary, which, due to the unfortunate COVID situation won't happen this year.
Árok is (in)famous for its friendly atmosphere and its REMIX COMPETITION - no other 8-bit demoscene event had ever such a compo!
We miss the event so much that we want to honor it with organizing an online version of the unique challenge.
Árok Party team and SLAY Radio proudly present:
ÁROK TRIBUTE REMIX COMPO
Árok started the annual Remix Competitions right after the MP3 player card for the IDE64 was released.
Just to be authentic, all the releases were played on the C64 since the beginning.
Participants take their favourite 8-bit songs and recreate them without limits, using modern instrumentation.
Join the fun, and compete with your own creation!
- Pick any SID from the history of C64 music and be creative
- Upload your contribution to https://slay.radio/arok (MP3, min. 192kbps bitrate)
- Deadline: Tuesday, August 11, 2020 - 23:59:59 CEST - Link expires after this, so be on time!
- Compo: Thursday, August 13, 2020 at 20:00 CEST on SLAY Radio in our live show
- Contributions will be faded out after 4m 30s during the compo
- Contributions per artist is not limited, but be reasonable please
- Voting opens from the start of the compo and closes on Friday, August 14, 2020 23:00
- Results will be announced on August 15 on our webpage and social media channels
- Please fill your entry's ID3 tag with Title and Composer data. Please denote SID and subtune the remix is based on.
We encourage all participants to write a few sentences about their remixes (why you chose it, what inspired you - Anything goes) in TXT or DOC format. This text will be displayed on the video stream. Upload MP3 and TXT/DOC as a ZIP!
Keep the competition clean and have fun!
Whether you compete with a remix or not, tune in to SLAY Radio and enjoy the show!
Árok is not dead - It is just hibernating for a year.
See you online and on location in 2021!
Spread the word!