The Settlers - HD Remaster

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
PTY

The Settlers - HD Remaster

Post by PTY »

Hi all,

i'm currently working on a remastered version of the 'The Settlers' ingame tune. Mainly using the original samples to keep the original sound feeling of this song. But all samples are fully remastered by me to improve the sound quality. Compared to the original amiga mod file by Markus Kludzuweit it sounds really much better.

My work is not yet finished. I've made the first four minutes only. Remember: the original has more than 12 minutes. Could someone of you listen to it and give me some comments?

Download here (MP3, 192kBit, 5.42 MB)

Thank you all.
SarahKreuz31
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Re: The Settlers - HD Remaster

Post by SarahKreuz31 »

Not my cup o`tea. It`s remastered - okay. But since you used most of the original Samples, there`s no reason why anyone shouldn`t listen to the original instead of this one. When I listen to the remastered Tracks of Allister Brimble, there`s for sure a HUGE difference between his Amiga Songs of "Assassin", "Full Contact" and his (so called) Studio-Versions he composed on a Keyboard. the same Songs - for sure - but much more improved Samples.

But it`s only a WIP, so let`s see where this is heading.