SLAY Radio Gathering 2007

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
Slaygon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

SLAY Radio Gathering 2007

Post by Slaygon »

SLAY Radio Gathering

After the success of the first and second SLAY Radio Gathering, we're doing it again!
Saturday 4th August is the date, and you're all invited! Join the SLAY Radio
staff around Slay HQ, for a barbecue at Keillers Park in the daytime, and an
evening of chatting, drinking and pool playing at nearby Kville Biljard, where there's a room booked just for the Gathering!

There's also an "unofficially official" get-together planned on the night
before (Friday 3rd) for those who can make it a day earlier.

This is your chance to chat with all those you didn't have time to chat with at BIT Live, so make sure you turn up! :D

In order for us to get a good guesstimate of numbers, please let us know if you intend to come along by giving your vote at http://www.slayradio.org/gathering.php (you need an account to be able to vote)

We hope to see you there!
(or here, or ... erm... wherever)

Here's some useful information for those of you intending to go to the SLAY Radio Gathering held on Saturday August 4th 2007 (with unofficially official pre-Gathering drinkies on Friday 3rd!). As ever, if you have any further queries or comments, please do not hesitate to e-mail us at - gathering [AT] slayradio.org!

More precise information will be given once we have an indication of how many people are coming, and which transport they will be using.<br>

ACCOMODATION:

If you need somewhere to stay, here's our recommendations:

- Kville Hotel, which is at Kvilletorget, 50 meters away from the Biljard and 200 meters away from Keillers Park, and also the cheapest option. Talk amongst yourselves and try to share rooms for even cheaper options!

GETTING THERE:

Gothenburg has two airports; Gothenburg City Airport (at Säve) is the nearest and is host to Ryanair, the cheap airline, so that is your best option if you can use it. Bus and rail are, of course, also good options if you live in mainland Europe. Here are some useful links and options for you:

- Ryanair
Ryanair service London Stansted, Glasgow, Dublin and Frankfurt airports from their City Airport in Säve, just outside Gothenburg. There are regular buses from the airport to Gothenburg's Central Station (from which there is a 10 minute tram ride to Kville); or there is a fixed-price for taxi journeys from the airport to Kvilletorget (300 SEK; 32 EUR).

- SAS
SAS (Scandinavian Airlines) have regular flights to Landvetter, Gotheburg's International Airport. SAS are, obvioulsly, more expensive than RyanAir but you will get more options. Like City Airport, there are regular buses from Landvetter to Central Station, and a fixed-price taxi ride to Kvilletorget.

- www.sj.se (in English)
SJ run the trains into Gothenburg Central Station, and is an alternative option for those of you in Sweden, Denmark or other serviced areas.

- SweBus Express
SweBus Express also run a number of buses in Sweden, Denmark and Norway (with links to Germany from Copenhagen), into Gotheburg's Nils Ericsson terminal (just next to the Central Station).

GETTING FROM CENTRAL STATION (NILS ERICSSON TERMINAL) TO KVILLE:

There is a tram service just across the road from the front of centralstationen called "Nordstaden". Just get on the Route 6 tram (heading towards Länsmangården) and travel three stops (the first taking you over the bridge) to Vågmästareplatsen. You will see the "KVILLETORGET" sign from the tram stop.

HERE'S A LITTLE ROUTE MAP TO TAKE YOU TO KVILLE BY TRAM:

Once at Vågmästareplatsen, use this map:

RELATED LINKS:
Keillers Park
Kville biljard
trace
Forum God
Forum God

Post by trace »

99.999999999999999999999999999999% chance that me and my wife will show up! :D

Just waiting for that last % to fall into place :D
(Carpe Diem Seize the day)
Soundcloud PowerTrace
c64-> /various/M-r/Noise_of_SID
Slaygon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Slaygon »

trace wrote:99.999999999999999999999999999999% chance that me and my wife will show up! :D

Just waiting for that last % to fall into place :D
Wow.

Not even I am that certain I will show up! Awesome!

Looking forward to seeing you again. It's been... erm... a year? =)
Max Levin
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Max Levin »

Trace, have you bought a laptop yet?
FFRenzy
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by FFRenzy »

Will be there ! everything ( trip and accomodation ) has been arranged !
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO what a ride'
Ziphoid
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Ziphoid »

Slaygon, when are you gonna redraw the map so it actually shows the correct location? ;)
SceneSat founder and DJ. | Re-live moments past at reLive.nu | For an Amiga flashback - AmigaRemix.com

Slaygon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Slaygon »

Ziphoid wrote:Slaygon, when are you gonna redraw the map so it actually shows the correct location? ;)
Never. =)

I like to confuse people!

Oh, and when they are standing between those two points, it's hard to miss either of them. :)
khisanth
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by khisanth »

well i just made a reservation at the Kville hotel so definitely coming.

now time to sort out a flight.

why is it that it takes an hour to get to gothenburg yet to come home it takes nearly 3 hours???!
the_JinX
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by the_JinX »

Ranzbak and I are planning to do a longish Sweden stay

Going there 1st August and back 13th..
rent a car and drive a bit..

If anyone has an interresting place to stay and wants to put up two geeks for the night .. don't forget to PM..
ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI
And when in russia, pet a PETSCII
http://annejan.com/
Slaygon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Slaygon »

khisanth wrote:well i just made a reservation at the Kville hotel so definitely coming.

now time to sort out a flight.

why is it that it takes an hour to get to gothenburg yet to come home it takes nearly 3 hours???!
Solar flares.
Strong winds.
Tidal flows.
Sun spots.
Earth rotation.

Oh. Wait... It's the time difference! :D
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Waz »

khisanth wrote:well i just made a reservation at the Kville hotel so definitely coming. now time to sort out a flight.
City Airline fly direct from Manchester to Gothenburg, only snag is during thw week it leaves Manchester at 1900, takes 1hr 50 and gets in at 2150, so it's a case of checking with the Kville to see if you can check in quite late (actually Slaygon, can you check that? Cos if I'm coming I'll be doing the same..)

The Sunday flight is leave 1730, arrive Manchester 1820. Just an option for you. Last time I looked that return was £128.30.
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Zzap! 64, CF and HVSC Contributor
Flickr! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/
Twitter: @zawtowers
--------------------------------------------
Misser
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Misser »

I'll be there again also.
Arriving at Landvetter Wednesday 01 august at 14:15
Leaving from Landvetter Sunday 05 august 14:55

So if anyone arrives / leaves arround that time and want to share my cab to kville just pm.

Waz that ticket sounds cheap, i just forked over €258 for mine!
Old programmers never die, they just get lazy and distracted.
khisanth
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by khisanth »

i will probably have to fly in saturday morning which kinda forces me into going by Ryanair from london.
trace
Forum God
Forum God

Post by trace »

Max Levin wrote:Trace, have you bought a laptop yet?
Nope, have to sort out our akonomy first :?

You coming?
Soundcloud PowerTrace
trace
Forum God
Forum God

Post by trace »

Guess what, the final % has fallen into place and we have booked a room at the kville hotell :D

See you there gather-nerds :D
Soundcloud PowerTrace