Project Hubbard: is there a point?

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...

Project: Hubbard. Your opinion?

Do it. Do it now. Mmmmmmmmm.
41%
Well, it might be nice.
30%
Hmm, what's the difference from emulation again?
15%
There's no point. Really. Stop it now.
15%

Total votes: 27

Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Project Hubbard: is there a point?

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

I for one welcome our Project Hubbard overlord, and have committed for the 'full package' level.
Dumper
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Dumper »

I thought I would have jumped on this like other remix kickstarters. I don't know if I'm misreading it but Rob is not even doing 1 'solo' album? £50,000 seems a bit excessive to me.
CraigG
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by CraigG »

Pre-stretch goals, they're going to author, design and manufacture a 300-page hardback book, and fund at least ten new albums, and there's a game, too. Also – importantly – the entire thing benefits Rob Hubbard. £50,000 for all that really isn't much.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

It's two £25,000 Kickstarters, _and_ we're liable for VAT so up to 25% of the Kickstarter goes straight to taxes and fees.

The only reason it's not a solo album on Hubbard '80 is because he needs Marcel's help with synths and programming, but it's still Rob's definitive remixes. Even Jarre has producers.

The only reason he's not actually programming all the SIDs by himself (but they're all composed by him) is because he had lost the technical skills: but he's gaining them back, and the teamwork with Jason is producing excellent results and more important, he's enjoying talking about SID again. Just listen to the SID preview. Is that him or not?

The archive album is by definition a solo album because it's full of rare Rob Hubbard stuff he did himself.

And there's loads of other remix albums too. It's really good value.

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Dumper
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Dumper »

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate a lot of work goes into these projects. I had another look at the Kickstarter and the pledge that interested me the most was £75, sadly that's way too much for me. Congratulations on the project succeeding, it's great to see another remix project funded.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

In the end, there was a Project Hubbard, and one of the many things in it was a complete collection of HQ Audio recordings of Rob's subtunes and FX - all of them. And that was just a bonus. Also, Project Galway was upgraded to "all of his subtunes" for the digital release.
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Dumper
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Dumper »

Excellent, I look forward to listening to Hubbard '80 tonight.
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

17 years later. Can you imagine this. Awesome work, Chris and everyone involved!!