Where is madfiddler's monty-solo?

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
Totta
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Where is madfiddler's monty-solo?

Post by Totta »

A few days after the Brighton event, there was a link to a video where madfiddler played the monty on the run solo. I think it was from the rehearsals.

Now I've been searching for ages but I can't find it anymore.
I have a friend who's a professional violin player and I so much want to show him that video.

Can anyone help me?
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

He ought to come to the London event, where not only will madfiddler do that Monty solo again, but he'll also be doing Rasputin, Zoids, Spellbound, Way of the Exploding Fist, Paperboy, Deflektor and Nemesis the Warlock...! (and then he'll die of exhaustion, probably!)

If it's the video I think you're referring to, it doesn't show the REAL solo, and the sound is complete crap...

Chris
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Also, Mark couldn't hear what he was playing thanks to a PA oversight, so the performance wasn't up to his frankly stratospheric standards (very difficult to perform when you can't hear what you're playing!).

Chris
Totta
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Totta »

If it's the video I think you're referring to, it doesn't show the REAL solo, and the sound is complete crap...
But I've seen the clip and I thought it was really good and that the solo was pretty impressive anyway. If I remember it correct it was a series of clips from the rehearsals and there were other clips also from other songs being rehearsed.

It doesn't matter if the quality is low. I've told my friend about the clip and he was really interrested. Unfortunately he's afraid of flying so he can't show up at London :-)

By the way: Thanks Chris for all your work. There are lots of us who appreciate it although you never hear from us.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

> Unfortunately he's afraid of flying so he can't show up at London
Ferry? Train? Bus? :)

> By the way: Thanks Chris for all your work.
> There are lots of us who appreciate it although you never hear from us.
*blush*

As for the video though, I'm not sure which clip you're talking about now... anyone else?

Chris
Yodelking
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Yodelking »

Totta wrote:
But I've seen the clip and I thought it was really good and that the solo was pretty impressive anyway. If I remember it correct it was a series of clips from the rehearsals and there were other clips also from other songs being rehearsed.

I'm quite sure he talks about the clips from the reharsals the year before, and not Brighton. So it's not the Madfiddler version he's talking about.
Chris, didn't you have clips from the 2002 rehersals on your site?
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

Must admit, I haven't seen any clips of any solos. I've heard the DVD recording with the - what will be classic - sustained note a whole tone lower than it should have been... and I didn't even know until I heard the recording... lol

Ah well, this year I should get it right... if I start practising it *grin*... oh and not drink too much beer. I think Monty is a lot earlier in the set this time, so I should be sober... however, Rasputin is due to a classic fudge up somewhere along the way ;) Just watch my face, hehe