Any Björk Fans here ?

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
AdamDawes
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by AdamDawes »

Chris Abbott wrote:Yeah, I loved her at the beginning (had a little crush on her too... :oops:) but haven't really kept up with her other stuff, and even Post couldn't live up to the transcendence of Debut, for me.
Agree 100% on everything you said there, Chris.

I had a bit of an obsession with her for a year or so actually. Fortunately I snapped out of it in the end. Seeing the video of Human Behaviour on MTV was what triggered me off in the first place though, it was just so ... different. Refreshing.

None of her work has lived up to Debut for me, either. What little I've heard from her lately hasn't really appealed at all.

Have any of you guys listened to the Sugarcubes? Some of their songs are great. :)
tom
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by tom »

Have any of you guys listened to the Sugarcubes? Some of their songs are great.
I loved <b>REGINA</b> and <b>HIT</b> :wink: and i liked the stuff she did with <b>808 State</b> !

cheers,
TOM:::..
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

"Play Dead" by Bjork & David Arnold is very cool. The right kind of music if your mood is at the very bottom. :D

To quote "Bleeding Gums" Murphy:

"Blues is not about making you feel better. It's about making others feel worse!"

:lol:
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Pex `Mahoney` Tufvesson wrote:Björk's "There's more to life than this" - that's a great one. And such a cute accent as well!

Debut was one good "produced" song - the play dead-thingy. And then 9 weird, but cool songs. I bought it for the Play Dead song, but the rest of the songs was in no way close to the David Arnold production! All of them sounded rather home-made to me! :lol:

Anyway, I'm glad I don't live with her! :wink:
I agree 1000% to everything you said here... could have been my own writing. Incidentally I dug up "There's more to life than this" just a few days ago, and I marvelled about the really bad recording (it sounds like she's singing along to the music being played on a stereo cassete recorder, and that's being captured by a single microphone). But it's actually part of the charme of this song, I think it's supposed to sound like a live club recording. :)
pfk
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by pfk »

I love Björk!!! Well, the music, anyway... OK, so she looks kinda cute as well, but I'm mainly talking about the music :)

Thinking of it, I would have thought more of you to be BIG Björk fans. So far it's just me and tom, but for some reason I allways thought Björks style would appeal to most remixers.

I think she writes brilliant songs. She has a fantastic voice that can express any kind of emotion, and her producers are always very creative. Just go listen to It's oh so Quiet, if you want to know what her voice can do. It's not a typical track, but it shows of the quality of her voice.

In my opinion Debut stands out as her most consistent album. But I love the other ones as well, from the hard stuff on Post through the strings on Homogenic and the micro beats on Vespertine.

Just picked up the new CD today. Really looking forward to listening to it tonight! :)

- pfk
tom
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by tom »

pfk wrote:Just picked up the new CD today. Really looking forward to listening to it tonight! :)
- pfk
:lol: well, al least i am not alone here .. wish you loads of joy with MEDULLA, pfk!!

cheers,
TOM:::.
Lagerfeldt
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Lagerfeldt »

It's funny, I consider Debut to be the best, Post the second best, and so on. I'm yet to get the newest album but after the last one I was quite disappointed.
Lagerfeldt
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Lagerfeldt »

LMan / Remix64 wrote:I dug up "There's more to life than this" just a few days ago, and I marvelled about the really bad recording (it sounds like she's singing along to the music being played on a stereo cassete recorder, and that's being captured by a single microphone). But it's actually part of the charme of this song, I think it's supposed to sound like a live club recording. :)
I actually have the original recording without the "club" reverb. In the sleeve it's mentioned that it's recorded live in a club, but my guess is that it's a joke since the original is identical just without the reverb.

One of her most beautiful songs is "I Remember You" which only appeared on an EP. Excellent.
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Lagerfeldt wrote: I actually have the original recording without the "club" reverb. In the sleeve it's mentioned that it's recorded live in a club, but my guess is that it's a joke since the original is identical just without the reverb.
Now that's an interesting funny fact. Liars! :lol:
Lagerfeldt
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Lagerfeldt »

Yeah, makes you wonder if the vocals for the Post album really were recorded on a beach like they said..