Expansion to r64?

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".

Should we expand remix64 to incorporate the amiga remix scene?

1) Yes, go the whole way
53%
2) No, c64/amiga scenes should remain seperate
43%
3) I couldn't care less
3%

Total votes: 30

tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Expansion to r64?

Post by tas »

Now we have a valid archive for amiga remixes the step seems an obvious one, but i'd like to share your thoughts on this...

Should we expaned r64 to incorperate the new amiga remix scene?
Larsec
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Larsec »

I think it's a great idea but I also think that it might be a good idea to keep them seperated on some points... Read Makke's coloumn of the Feb. editorial :)
<--- I went that way --->
DHS
Forum God
Forum God

Post by DHS »

I agree with Larsec:

One central resource for a Commodore Remix community would be great, but with some good organization, avoiding it becoming a big mess (..overclocked comes to my mind..).

Keep it modular, if possible: nobody knows what the future may take... (incorporating other systems, for example).

The most important thing is: keep it clean and organized.

cheers.
--
DHS of The SoundWavers
http://soundwavers.com/
ruiner
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by ruiner »

It doesn't matter one bit to me, so long as there's '64 content I'm happy. :) My amiga experience encompasses reformatting an amiga game disk on my 1581 in order to store guitar tab.
"Thanks to everyone (except for that sh*thead ruiner) who has participated/read . "
- dor-x / asdf
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

My suggestion would be to install a copy of Remix64 somewhere, empty the contents and redesign it to fit the Amiga needs. Mixing Amiga / c64 interviews, news etc... would indeed create a mess, methinks.

Question is: Where to obtain the Webspace / Domain name? What Domain-Name to use?

- Markus :)
CraigG
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by CraigG »

I would combine the editorial and community, but keep the remixes themselves separate (i.e. separate charts and voting for C64 and Amiga) otherwise the site could end up like some front-end to overclocked. Combining relatively small communities is an excellent idea though. Also, it's good to see this potentially becoming the place for C64audio's forums, which means we have to check less places--always good when one has limited time!
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Agreed with both markus and Craig..

I wouldn't say a total copy or remix64, but a partial copy, if you know what i mean...

1) Editorial should be the same.
2) newspage should be the same.
3) Anything database should be seperate! (charts/voting/reviews/members pages)
4) CD reviews should remain the same
5) Interviews should be seperate
6) Competitions should remain the same
7) Messageboards (as is already) should merge
8) FAQ should remain the same
9) Links should remain the same
10) Remix64 CD/Journal should remain the same.
11) Articles should remain the same
basically we have one core website, that branches off to either of the two websites... Basically two seperate website managed by one main page! or rather two different localities for certain areas of the website!

do you understand? not sure i do ;)

anyway your thoughts?

Neil
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

I think the above suggestion should satisfy both the ones for and the ones against?

Neil
CraigG
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by CraigG »

Actually, I'd go slightly further, and combine the members pages, interviews, especially the latter, as people often worked across both platforms. One thing that might be a good idea is to start using logos on the combined pages, saying whether something is based on C64, Amiga, or both. (i.e. a little C64 icon next to C64 news). Needs more thought than that, but it's an idea.
exo
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by exo »

DHS wrote:One central resource for a Commodore Remix community would be great, but with some good organization, avoiding it becoming a big mess (..overclocked comes to my mind..).
I don't think overclocked is a mess - there is a database where entries a categorized with respect to system, composer etc., but the layout sucks bigtime which is a different matter.