SID Players for J2ME Phones

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Darrenxyz
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

SID Players for J2ME Phones

Post by Darrenxyz »

Are there any SID players for J2ME phones around? I did a cursory search but didn't turn anything up (although I did find some MOD players).

Indeed, anyone know of a Java-based C64 emulator which works on phones?
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

I have a sid player for the SPV Smartphone, but java emu of c64 would be slow anyway... Pocket64 (see banners at the bottom of the site sometime), are producing a phone based emulator - no idea when its due.
xo
Exosphere Resident
Exosphere Resident

Post by xo »

A related question. Are there any "MP3 players" that can play MOD, XM or SID? Mine can't even handle OGG. :~P
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

Depends on your phone. the SPV has windows media player, handles mp3, WMV and Ogg; you need seperate software for Sid, Mod and Xm.
xo
Exosphere Resident
Exosphere Resident

Post by xo »

Allright, its not that related. :) I didn't mean MP3 players in phones. I have a MP3 player that can handle wmv and mp3, but that's it. Pretty expensive when it came out; the I/O software is broken under XP SP2 btw, and no fix in sight. :~P

(ps. pocket pc; http://www.clickgamer.com/moreinfo.htm?pid=4)
Cheetor
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Cheetor »

I know Winamp can handle MOD and XM as standard and there's a plug-in that can handle SIDs as well but I don't know which version of Winamp that it works with called SIDamp.

*EDIT

Bollocks - just re-read your post and realised you were on about *THAT* sort of MP3 player!!
Views in my posts are my own and not necessarily that of Auto Assembly