Wild Copper

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
AdamDawes
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Wild Copper

Post by AdamDawes »

Does anyone know if there are any remixes available of the famous "Wild Copper" music? ("Th-th, th, th, th-this is Amiga speaking")

I've looked around the web a bit but couldn't find any. Would be interesting to hear what people could do with this song using today's equipment. :)
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

Ayyy...a bunch of funny music... would be very interesting...
All is lost.
klasman
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by klasman »

Rob Hubbard says: "Woahh!"

nice one! :)
[ the masters of pixel art @ http://nicepixel.se/ ]
GHeather

Post by GHeather »

It's no remix, but the original (in MP3 format for those who do not remember it) can be found here:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/utzkyr

I'd also be interested to hear a re-work on this classic - any takers ?
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Hmmm I'm surprised nobody has done a remix on AmigaRemix.com

Maybe someone will have a go at it after reading this.

GHeather: Thanks for sharing the MP3. I actually liked this Demo, it was a big deal back than.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
GHeather

Post by GHeather »

Analog-X wrote:GHeather: Thanks for sharing the MP3. I actually liked this Demo, it was a big deal back than.
Pleasure - I loved those vector graphics back then and spent quite some time one day trying to get my Amiga to stutter like the sample on the Starscroll demo - but the damn thing wasn't having any of it.

Anyway, with Crazy Comets remixed to death, perhaps now we can hope to see some new blood in the form of a Wild Copper's RVB Demo megamix or something.
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

GHeather wrote: Pleasure - I loved those vector graphics back then and spent quite some time one day trying to get my Amiga to stutter like the sample on the Starscroll demo - but the damn thing wasn't having any of it.

Anyway, with Crazy Comets remixed to death, perhaps now we can hope to see some new blood in the form of a Wild Copper's RVB Demo megamix or something.
Long story short, there was no scene here in Canada. I did however get in touch with "StarFrontiers" based in Netherlands. We swapped floppys, this was pre internet and Modems were too slow and too expensive to transfer via modem.

Anyways, I got a copy of Seka Compiler something I had never seen or heard of. And a sample code generated a 3D Vector object rotating on the screen.

Wild Copper Demo being the inspiration. I started plotting points on some regular objects like a Floppy, Scissors etc.. I would than enter the data into the data section of the source and compile the code and watch the object rotate on my screen.. Pretty fun stuff.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
beyond
Forum God
Forum God

Re: Wild Copper

Post by beyond »

I did a remix once, but on the amiga... Which might have suffered death on a disc somewhere... :bash:
Vosla

Re: Wild Copper

Post by Vosla »

Poor Laurent and his petit queue... :wink: :lol:
All is lost.