Stop commenting on comments in the shout-box!

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Don Peppino
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Don Peppino »

weblaus wrote:Actually, I've only seen the C64Mafia do that (repeatedly and quite arrogantly), which makes the lyrics of the newest song (the ones about being cool and not oversensitive to criticism) especially ironic...
How ironic: first we have who doesn't hear sounds below -10dB, then we have people who don't undestrand plain lyrics and even forum posts.

This is about replying shouts with shouts, not shouts with song info.

lol.
Don Peppino
Don Sido Corleone

Post by Don Sido Corleone »

Never let anyone outside the family know what you're thinking.
weblaus
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by weblaus »

Don Peppino wrote:
weblaus wrote:Actually, I've only seen the C64Mafia do that (repeatedly and quite arrogantly), which makes the lyrics of the newest song (the ones about being cool and not oversensitive to criticism) especially ironic...
How ironic: first we have who doesn't hear sounds below -10dB, then we have people who don't undestrand plain lyrics and even forum posts.

This is about replying shouts with shouts, not shouts with song info.

lol.
Gee, it must make you feel really cool and superior to behave so 1337, right?

Too bad you can't get on my case about typing and spelling errors...
Last edited by weblaus on 06/01/2005 - 18:15, edited 1 time in total.
weblaus
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by weblaus »

Makke wrote:And arrogantly? What do you expect? It's the mafia!
See, I don't consider it to be especially funny if somebody goes around insulting anyone who doesn't agree with them (and I see I've now joined that club, yay me) because theyre styling themselves after an oh-so-hilarious role.

But given that I'm just a normal user and these guys kind of own the get-out-of-jail-free-card of the remixing community, I pretty much expect that nobody will do anything when the next inevitable insult will be spewed forth...
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Mr. Laus has a point: this thread is getting more unpleasant and unfluffy, so I've locked it. Let's move on. Nothing to see here, nothing to see here.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

OK, I've unlocked it again. Let the pie throwing commence, but for some reason I find this thread a bit more distasteful than usual.

Chris
C64GLeN
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by C64GLeN »

weblaus wrote: Too bad you can't get on my case about typing and spelling errors...

Last edited by weblaus on Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sorry to keep this one nasty, but I couldn't let the above go unquoted.

Oh, the Irony!
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

i too find this thread untasteful.

I'm with Chris i'd rather have this locked.
Retrovertigo
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Retrovertigo »

Where's the love?
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

*waves* I'm here sweety :shock:
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

*LOL*
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Oh maybe I add my 2 cents...
weblaus wrote:But given that I'm just a normal user and these guys kind of own the get-out-of-jail-free-card of the remixing community
First of all - <u>nobody</u> has a "get out of jail" card here. The c64 Mafia was created as a parody - exactly from this, when certain people kept talking about a c64 remix elite, or a c64 mafia, when there was none of course. (and once again nobody was listening to me when I was arguning the facts at that time. On a sidenote: I'm not personally involved in the Mafia project, although I've been suffering plenty of such imputations.)

It's same rules for all, maybe with the one exception of having those "mafia" identities here at the board. So now they've moved on to making cool remixes, but the mafia forum entries are still parody, and not l33t talk. Leave it as that, and don't take it personally. Most people appreciate the fact that we admins moderate this forum as little as possible, only once or twice in 4 years of service it was ever nessecary. And those were real insults, maybe you remember. Yet, I also appeal to the Mafia to keep it a parody, and not to take it to personal levels with the Mafia identities.

- Markus :)
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

*Picks up a 1920's Tommy Gun, aims it at all the insultin bods here....

Rat-A-TAT-a-Rat-A-TAT-a-Rat-A-TAT-a-Rat-A-TAT-a-Rat-A-TAT-a-Rat-A-TAT

// cue godfather music

Now let that be a peppered lesson to ya, ya dirty shmoe's ..... Im certain the that ppl here would not want to wake up with horses heads on the pillow next to them, and i trust this will not be necessary....

Thank you...
Yours sincerely....
Don Matrix *
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

weblaus wrote:But given that I'm just a normal user and these guys kind of own the get-out-of-jail-free-card of the remixing community, I pretty much expect that nobody will do anything when the next inevitable insult will be spewed forth...
As LMan just posted there's no such thing as a "Elitist" get-out-of-jail-free-card.

... Just as there's no such thing as a "I'm just a normal user" get-out-of-jail-free-card either. You just added that in crayon on an old monopoly card.
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Another thought comes to mind, what distinguishes the "regular user" from an "elitist"? What makes the difference, and is there a difference? Sorry I just dislike if a group of people are called "elitist" just because of thier being perhaps more active in the scene.

Haven't seen anyone posting: "Shut up, you're just a regular user."

Liberty, Equality, Fraternity.