Ahoy!

Have you released a new remix at Remix.Kwed.Org, AmigaRemix or somewhere else on the web? Tell the community about it here!
hoomish
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by hoomish »

BIT6? You've lost me now Chris... I think I remember something about the next BIT being a double-cd, but apart from that, I seem to be somewhat behind... :wink: Perhaps you could enlighten me?
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

not to say remix64 v2 is an orchestral CD, it's not! but there are quite a few orchestral remixes on that CD.

Infact glyn's remix of Times of lore is done in this style.... infact watch this space for a short 1 min preview of his work for this cD coming soon.

People are dying to hear is work, i read this often on the website, so just to wet your appetite a little we'll give our visitors a chance to hear glyn's snippit of TOL with his NEW equipment right here at remix64.

Neil
DHS
Forum God
Forum God

Post by DHS »

Neil wrote:not to say remix64 v2 is an orchestral CD, it's not! but there are quite a few orchestral remixes on that CD.
Remix64 V2 is a melodic, heart touching, emotional CD (well, i could also be on DVD9).
This means there are a lot of great arrangers inside who will make your soul move, your skin tremble and will take you to wonderful dreams of peaceful landscapes, thrilling darkness, love and fear.
This also means there will not be any glockenspiel sounds, or violent & distorted cutting-sawtooth soundwaves destroying your loudspeakers.

Let's give peace a chance.
--
DHS of The SoundWavers
http://soundwavers.com/
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

bloody hell, dhs you said it all their, great words from a wise man.

hey your hired to write the forword for the CD ;)
Bruno Falardeau
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Bruno Falardeau »

People are dying to hear is work, i read this often on the website, so just to wet your appetite a little we'll give our visitors a chance to hear glyn's snippit of TOL with his NEW equipment right here at remix64.
Dying to hear Glyn's work... read often on the website... ? Somehow I feel moderately targetted by this remark. :lol:

And now that a sample is present... I might be making a pre-reservation of my remix64 Vol. 2 :wink:

All these talks about future BIT CDs have me wondering since when I have the money to import CDs from Europe too.

Returning to topic, I recently downloaded the Times of Lore (retro remix) and I'll say the quality has improved over the precedent Dragon's Lair remix. It isn't exactly the kind of music I usually relate too, but nonetheless the laidback atmosphere a chilling feel of it all warrants a smiley from my behalf. Keep improving, you're doing well.

"The" Canadian RKO fan.

Bruno
Glyn R Brown
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Glyn R Brown »

:shock: That's a real nice comment maindrain , Thanks :D

But to be honest , i do agree with Chris on this subject , there are plenty of arrangers who could give that tune the Orchestral treatment . The main one that springs to mind is M.Schneider , after listening to his music for the R64 Vol:2 cd , his Orchestral ability is just Amazing!!! ..
You'll see ( hear ) what i mean once Neil get arounds to putting up some clips of the CD .. :D
Also Markus Holler , well this Guy worked on the Merregnon project , so no more need to be said about this guy, Brilliant !! :D
M.A.F
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by M.A.F »

Glyn R Brown wrote:his Orchestral ability is just Amazing!!! ..
You'll see ( hear ) what i mean once Neil get arounds to putting up some clips of the CD .. :D
Well Dad :wink: .

Your Orchestral ability is also Amazing!!!..

Heard the clip of TOL! Bloody lovely and cant wait for the full version!(suppose that means i have to buy Volume 2,what a bummer :) )

Looks like youve "tamed" the Triton after all! :D (cracks whip).

Your loving son M.A.F. 8)
Not to be too pretentious you understand.
Maindrian
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Maindrian »

Yup, I heard the clip too. Cracking stuff Glyn. :D
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

and it's about to get even better, away goes the sampled flute and in comes a real flute provided by Markus Holler.
Glyn R Brown
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Glyn R Brown »

Thanks Guys , glad you liked the TOL clip :D ..
As Neil mentioned , the flute is now going to be played by M.Holler , this is something that i'm very lucky to have because he plays the flute like a dream :D ...
All the sounds i'm using are all onboard the Triton , so the Orchestral instruments are not really that realistic :( , so to have a REAL Flute is a huge Bonus :D ...
But as for getting the Triton tamed son ! i'm nowhere near , Ha !!!!
I'm live recording straight into N-Track Studio at the moment , i havn't even got around to learning the Sequencer or the sampling capability of the Triton yet , so i've still got a long , long way to go !!! :?
Still , there's no rush :D