Board icon so well hidden...

Post bug reports and suggestions for improving Remix64.com or AmigaRemix here. For other sites, contact the respective site maintainers directly.
Karl

Board icon so well hidden...

Post by Karl »

Hi

The first thing I will do as a newbie and all, is to "complain" a little on how hidden the board icon in this site's menu is :) I've recieved some mails lately (kwed upload problems) with direct access to some of the topics, but I'll be damned if I could find the actual board myself.

Over the years in front of various computer screens I have developed an eyevision that completely blocks out anything regarding ads and banners - they just don't appear to me. The problem of course is that the access to the board is "hidden" in something that resembles a banner, which is probably why I never noticed it. Ok, lame excuse, I admit :D

But now I finally found it, but I had to look really hard for it, and there it was, and here I am. :D The point with all this is, maybe the board entry link should be slightly more visible, together with the community or something, which could help newbies like me finding it in the first place? I know I'm not the only one with ad and bannerblocking built into the eyesight :p

Just an idea, laugh at me all you want :)
--Karl
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Board icon so well hidden...

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

Actually this messageboard isn't part of RKO (or "Kwed" as people tend to call it). The good people at Remix64 had a forum first, so I thought we'd just have everything in one place. Plus it saves me investing the time to run a board.

That being said, I agree that the links to external sites from RKO aren't really all that obvious to the casual visitor. This is something that will be fixed when the new RKO layout is applied. Hopefully it'll go online before Chris Abbott gets his site overhaul done with. :D
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Hopefully it'll go online before Chris Abbott gets his site overhaul done with.
:hysterical:
fnordpojk
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by fnordpojk »

Jan Lund Thomsen wrote:That being said, I agree that the links to external sites from RKO aren't really all that obvious to the casual visitor. This is something that will be fixed when the new RKO layout is applied. Hopefully it'll go online before Chris Abbott gets his site overhaul done with. :D
I'll check back in 2008 then and see if there's a work-in-progress up.
Karl

Post by Karl »

Jan Lund Thomsen wrote:(or "Kwed" as people tend to call it)
Just think saying "kwed" has a nicer ring to it, than saying RKO, which sounds Star Wars'ish, or maybe even Archeo(logy'ish :D )

How come "kwed", anyway? Where does it originate from?

Thanks for listening anyways, just thought I'd mention it.

2008 sounds ok to me - now that I know :)
--Karl
xo
Exosphere Resident
Exosphere Resident

Post by xo »

2008 sounds good, then it wohn't coincide with the expected lifetime achievement awards in 2020. :)
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

Karl wrote:
Jan Lund Thomsen wrote:(or "Kwed" as people tend to call it)
Just think saying "kwed" has a nicer ring to it, than saying RKO, which sounds Star Wars'ish, or maybe even Archeo(logy'ish :D )

How come "kwed", anyway? Where does it originate from?
As I mentioned in the interview I did on Remix64 ages ago[1] I already owned the kwed.org domain, so that explains the "KO" part of it. As for the "R", it was partly a mix between thinking Remix.Overclocked.Org had a nice ring, but also this (which I never told anyone):

Yes, it's the splash screen for the company that put out King Kong, Citizen Kane, and other classic movies. As I've been a bit of a movie buff since the early days I thought it would be a nice homage.

The origin of the "Kwed" nickname is also explained in the interview. Mind you, a lot of other things have probably changed since - just noticed that it was published 4 years ago. Blimey, I can still remember keying in the answers on a company laptop while on a cross-country trainride. :D

[1] http://www.remix64.com/?interview_jan_l ... x_kwed_org
xo
Exosphere Resident
Exosphere Resident

Post by xo »

Aha! So I figured, last time I watched Citizen Kane on danish TV. :)