Another newbie - just saying 'hi'

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Great stuff matt...

Will look very forward to hearing these mixes in time :)
Matthew Cannon
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Matthew Cannon »

I'm supposed to be going to a performance of one of my pieces in France sometime in September, but i'm not sure of the date. I'm secretly hoping that it's not the weekend of the 10th.

It would be nice to meet up with folks of a like mind (meaning those that like curry). Last time I just stood quietly in the corner listening to Robb play. Enjoyed it immensely though.

It was funny when I spoke with Martin Galway. He didn't recognize me (to be fair we had only briefly met about 12 years earlier), then he said I must have been a 'schoolkid or something' when I was at Ocean. He wasn't wrong! (flattery will get you everywhere Martin).

Take note - curry keeps you looking young!
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

Matthew Cannon wrote:Take note - curry keeps you looking young!
:lol:
Welcome to the boards, Matt! :D

EDIT: Well, and to you too, Aero! :)
Last edited by Vosla on 15/06/2005 - 7:44, edited 2 times in total.
All is lost.
Aero
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Aero »

With risk of making this topic become boring, i want to say hi to everyone too :)
I'm not a composer, simply a listener. I listen to most game formats out there plus many remixes and love it. The c64 remixes is easily the ones with the highest quality. It was also through rko i first came into contact with the game remix scene music. Unfortunatly the golden c64 era was before my time. The nintendo would be more in my timeframe :)
Keep up the good work everyone!
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by 1337 »

I used to have an N64, cool console. I never could do the 'Legends of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time' though. Maybe it's just me, but I stink at Zelda games. I'm more for F-Zero and stuff.

I still think the coolest games I ever had were the old ones on my trusty Amiga 500+ that I played as a child.

Out of all the modern consoles, I prefer the NGC. If you get chance play Sonic Adventures 2 Battle. Now THAT is a cool game.

The Great Gianna Sisters ROX!!!!!!!!!!
Maindrian
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Maindrian »

Eeeee...

Howdy Matthew. Sorry, that little "eeeee..." was my inner fanboy busting out.

Seriously, Batman The Movie, subtune 1... Awesome, awesome stuff. Gothic, moody and yet gloriously hummable. One of my all time favourites it is. I tried remixing it several times, without much success. One of those "leave well enough alone" sids, pretty much perfect as it is.

So for that one tune sir, thank you.

(I would have posted this sooner, but I am rather adept at missing opportunities.)
Great, another set of strings ruined...
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Hey Aero welcome aboard! Funny avatar, too! :D
Aero
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Aero »

Thank you all!

@Lman: Found the image for the avatar by a coincidence on google (It's not me :)). Too bad it lost some quality on the way for rescaling. The real one can be found here http://gziz.ath.cx/geek2.jpg
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Made another rescale, care to use it?

Aero
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Aero »

Thanks a lot :)
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

welcome to the loony bin :)
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

danceaway wrote:Matt,

You can also catch up & have a chat to the guys
Benn - Madfiddler - Marcel - and our very own CHRIS ABBOTT :)
and something else rather special.. but we're not telling anyone what!!!! All I can say is, everyone's going to feel really stupid if they miss it!!!
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Aero wrote:With risk of making this topic become boring, i want to say hi to everyone too :)
I'm not a composer, simply a listener. I listen to most game formats out there plus many remixes and love it. The c64 remixes is easily the ones with the highest quality. It was also through rko i first came into contact with the game remix scene music. Unfortunatly the golden c64 era was before my time. The nintendo would be more in my timeframe :)
Keep up the good work everyone!
Welcome to r64, good to know we attract he younger generation :)