rko search-improvement

Post bug reports and suggestions for improving Remix64.com or AmigaRemix here. For other sites, contact the respective site maintainers directly.
Monty
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

rko search-improvement

Post by Monty »

inspired by the "general discussion"-thread RKO mentioned on gamespy.com
Kenz wrote:
Idiot who wrote the article wrote:What I find most interesting is that it's not really organized by game; a fair number of songs don't even mention what games they're from.
That's possibly the worst bit of research I've ever seen - every tune on RKO is named after the SID tune that it's a remix of ... ! Plus the search facility makes it dead easy to find all the remixes of your fave game choons.
i think the author is not totally wrong. there are a few remixes that can't be found by searching for the name of the sid they are remixes of.

examples:
when you search for "monty on the run", you wouldn't get "MOTR-HiScore (Garage Band Mix)" by x-klang as a result.
same goes for "exploding fist" :arrow: "WOTEF Tune 4 (The saga is complete)" by trace
"Gauntlet" :arrow: "Blue Wizard Is About To Die" by binster
"suicide express" :arrow: "suicide for 2 pianos" by bladiator & "groovicide" by analoq

solution:
would be nice, if the search could additionally run through the sid-column. maybe that's possible?

greetz,
monty

ps: that may only be a solution for rko, as on r64 the sid-reference is missing...
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: rko search-improvement

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

Monty wrote:when you search for "monty on the run", you wouldn't get "MOTR-HiScore (Garage Band Mix)" by x-klang as a result.
same goes for "exploding fist" :arrow: "WOTEF Tune 4 (The saga is complete)" by trace
"Gauntlet" :arrow: "Blue Wizard Is About To Die" by binster
"suicide express" :arrow: "suicide for 2 pianos" by bladiator & "groovicide" by analoq

solution:
would be nice, if the search could additionally run through the sid-column. maybe that's possible?
Fixed. And you don't even have to use underscores if you want to search for a specific SID (HVSC filenames use underscores instead of spaces).

Usually I correct titles before publishing (eg. "Ghouls n Ghosts (Errant Ghost mix)" was originally submitted as "The Errant Ghost") but admittedly I've missed a couple.

Incidentally, one of the things I've got planned for the revised layout is a "more remixes of this tune" button next to each tune. :D
Monty
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Monty »

wow, that was quick :D
Jan Lund Thomsen wrote:Incidentally, one of the things I've got planned for the revised layout is a "more remixes of this tune" button next to each tune. :D
good idea, would be a nice addition 8)
ifadeo
Forum God
Forum God

Re: rko search-improvement

Post by ifadeo »

Jan Lund Thomsen wrote:Incidentally, one of the things I've got
planned for the revised layout is a "more remixes of this tune" button
next to each tune. :D
new features? great! :wink:

thx monty & jan
Vosla