It *&@$(#! pays to research before you work... (1942)

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
LauriT
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by LauriT »

Sounds really good, MFE. I don't remember the original by Goodwin that well but your remix is bloody promising.
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Lagerfeldt wrote:That's a rule that's being used VERY selectively.

I mean, some of the top rated SID remixes aren't based on SID music at all, it's from movies (Cobra, Indiana Jones, etc.).

So in all fairness those remixes should be removed too.
Agree with Chris, a bit of common sense applies here...

The question you need to ask in this situation is...

What do i first think of when the music starts playing?

Indiana Jones music = Film.
Cobra = Computer Game.

As chris says in theory you could remove Zoids,Warhawk,Master of Magic and some of the other c64 classic tunes.
MFE
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by MFE »

I hope I haven't started an argument here! :?

Well, here's the deal. I will finish the remix of 1942, and I'll let Jan decide whether or not it is appropriate when I submit it. While that is being hummed and harred over by Jan, I'll get cracking on a remix of Hunter Patrol.

Cheers all!
-

"Television is a medium. It is so called because for the most part it is not rare, and not well done." - MFE
MFE
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by MFE »

Okay, I've submitted it to RKO; it's in Jan's hands now whether or not it gets accepted. I'm hoping it will be, given it's a remix not only of the first subtune, but also of the second and third.

If it gets rejected, I'll just make it available at my webspace. I'm 90% happy with how it turned out, and would spend more time tweaking it if I had more time, which I don't, so I won't, but I will when I can.

Cheers.
-

"Television is a medium. It is so called because for the most part it is not rare, and not well done." - MFE
Yoshi
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Yoshi »

Link not working anymore.. Could you fix it or give me a new one?
I love the original 1942 tune :)
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Heard the final version just now...

Damn fine remix mate.

Its a close call i think to wether jan will allow or not allow it. We'll see what happens soon enough :)
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

I have to say that going by the guidelines we've talked about in this thread, it shouldn't be on RKO, because the music is actually more famous as "film war music" than as the in-game for 1942. I love the cover (as I said), but it really is too famous for RKO IMHO.

Chris
MFE
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by MFE »

Chris Abbott wrote:I have to say that going by the guidelines we've talked about in this thread, it shouldn't be on RKO, because the music is actually more famous as "film war music" than as the in-game for 1942. I love the cover (as I said), but it really is too famous for RKO IMHO.

Chris
Heh, depends who you are. I'd never heard of the movie, and only knew the music from the game. Plus subtunes 2 and 3 I'm pretty sure are only from the SID and nowhere else, but who knows. As Jan says on his site, he has the right to decide, and whatever he decides will be fine with me.

The link, btw, is now this:

http://www.dolphinwave.org/elsol/1942(Orchestral).mp3

Cheers all.
-

Yoshi
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Yoshi »

Oooh, that was a nice orchestral peace.
Very nice :D