Bastards!

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Steve B
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Steve B »

My brother lives in Soho. Thankfuly both him and his girlfreind are fine, just confined to their home.
I C 64 People

Computers can never replace human stupidity
Mog
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Mog »

Not many of you know me, but me and mine are all unharmed.

Had to walk 5 miles home, mind you.

Mog
tom
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by tom »

:cry: a very sad moment ... can't speak ...my heart goes out to all the victims and families affected by these awful events!
ifadeo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by ifadeo »

i'm shocked! ...and out of words!

i still can't believe what people do in the name of religon..... :?

ifadeo
Dumper
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Dumper »

One thing is for sure, these violent bastards will never win. Events like today will just bring people closer together and even more determined to stand up to terrorism.
Driller
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Driller »

I picked a hell of a day to move to London :(
tony.rc
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by tony.rc »

Mog wrote:Not many of you know me
True! but I sure noticed you at BIT Brighton 2003.

Anyway I hope everyone is OK and did not know that Trooper was in London and that he worked for the underground either.

So far the 300,000 odd Aussies in the UK are fine.
Chrome - keeping the Aussie scene alive
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

I can't and will never understand how people could do this in the name of god. Those fiends! :evil:

My condolences to everybody who lost friends or relatives or whose beloved were hurt!:(
All is lost.
Maindrian
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Maindrian »

Aye sir, I'll agree with that. Bastards to a man if ever they were.

However, I hope this doesn't lead to the kind of jingoistic flag waving exploitative bullshit that happened in America after 9/11. My hope is that despite it all, we continue in our usual daily lives, and maybe that would deter future terrorist action. Show them that we couldn't giving a flying fuck about their agenda and that we will not be bullied into complying.

I also hope that this doesn't lead to any race related attacks. There are a lot of arseholes roaming the streets, looking for a reason to cause trouble.

What the hell, enough of the amatuer politics, my condolences to everyone who died and to those who have lost someone. A truly sad day indeed.
Great, another set of strings ruined...
sumppi
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by sumppi »

Maindrian wrote:However, I hope this doesn't lead to the kind of jingoistic flag waving exploitative bullshit that happened in America after 9/11. My hope is that despite it all, we continue in our usual daily lives, and maybe that would deter future terrorist action.
I totally agree. After 911 the world has seen an insane amount of exploitation and restrictions to some very basic rights by scaring people with terrorism. Sure, terrorism is doubleplusungood, but by doing that the governments admit that the terrorists have already won.

Actually it's quite encouraging to see how calmly the brits seem to have taken this while the self-appointed chosen ones on the other side of the pond react with sheer hysteria. Yesterday was a sad day for many reasons and I offer my condolences to anyone who has experienced loss, but it's also important to see things in bigger perspective.

In the end, anger and hate isn't the answer to understanding and meaningful resolution. Even if the terrorists can't see it, I hope we can.

Sumppi
xo
Exosphere Resident
Exosphere Resident

Post by xo »

Well said.
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by 1337 »

7 bombs?!?!?!?!

The news here in the UK tells us there had been FOUR explosions, and two bombs that never detonated. Last I heard the official death toll was 50 and rising.

Also, I'd like so say that the people behind the bombings are evil bastards and I hope they rot in Hell (if hell exists... but this isn't the thread for that debate).

Thing is, any religion when taken to extremes is a bad thing, and the very existence of a group such as the Al-Quaida proves it. In a documentary in the middle of the night, they reckoned that there is no official base for Al-Quaida, and most of the small groups are operating independantly. Even so, they all have the Bin-Laden ethos corrupting their minds, and that is extremely dangerous.

I hope that they bring the perpetrators of this horrific crime to justice. In fact I think they ought to re-instate the death penalty for people like that, who commit mass murder without a second thought. Having said that, these people sometimes have explosives they can immediately detonate when facing capture.

To be honest, I just wanted to cry when I heard about these bombs... all those people gone in an instant.

I hope that all countries and their governments stand firm against these people who have no regard for human life.

What is the world coming to?

The Great Gianna Sisters ROX!!!!!!!!!!
sumppi
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Re: ...

Post by sumppi »

1337 wrote:In fact I think they ought to re-instate the death penalty for people like that, who commit mass murder without a second thought.
There is no place for death penalty in civilized society. It doesn't bring back those who are gone and it sure doesn't work as a scare against the terrorists who often offer themselves as a sacrifice to their faith. That is exactly the kind of thinking that will eventually set the development of human race back to the dark ages.
1337 wrote:To be honest, I just wanted to cry when I heard about these bombs... all those people gone in an instant.
It's all matter of perspective in the end. Something like this hurts when it hits so close while there is death and destruction all over the world in scale that leaves this incident small in comparison.
1337 wrote:I hope that all countries and their governments stand firm against these people who have no regard for human life.
I hope so too, but not by responding with blind rage and causing more unnecessary pain. I was actually pretty surprised (in a good way) about a news bit I just read that had Blair calling for action to understand the cause of this kind of terrorism and how it could be stopped - not by force or restriction of rights alone, but also by trying to actually understand the cause.

Even though the simple and populistic rhetorics mr. Bush uses ("You're either with us or you're against us") I think it's also important to understand why the bombings happened. Frankly, even though you could label terrorists as religous nutters, there's usually a lot of suffering in their side too that causes them to respond with such extreme measures.

Respond with violence instead of understanding and communication and you end up with a lot more pissed off people ready for such extreme measures. To protect yourself from them you restrict the rights of normal people while gaining little. Eventually eht attack happens, and you respond with violence. It's a vicious cycle.

Sumppi
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by 1337 »

Understand the terrorists? I don't think I can. Their objectives are clear, to terrorise and kill innocent people. Why? Because they've been warped by the extreme religious views of the Al-Quaida. They believe that they're doing the bombings because their deity wanted them to. Funny thing is, I highly doubt that ANY major religion condones that sort of behaviour.

As for the death penalty being not fit for a civilised society... I hope you're not suggesting that America has no civilised society.

The Great Gianna Sisters ROX!!!!!!!!!!
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Re: ...

Post by Chris Abbott »

1337 wrote:Understand the terrorists? I don't think I can. Their objectives are clear, to terrorise and kill innocent people. Why? Because they've been warped by the extreme religious views of the Al-Quaida. They believe that they're doing the bombings because their deity wanted them to. Funny thing is, I highly doubt that ANY major religion condones that sort of behaviour.

As for the death penalty being not fit for a civilised society... I hope you're not suggesting that America has no civilised society.

No, he appears to be saying that as a civilised society, America shouldn't have the death penalty.

Chris