DL2. It isnt that bad, is it?

Have you released a new remix at Remix.Kwed.Org, AmigaRemix or somewhere else on the web? Tell the community about it here!
Maindrian
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

DL2. It isnt that bad, is it?

Post by Maindrian »

What does a heavy distorted guitar do into an "romantic river epic" remix?
Sadently, it infears with a really nice attempt of this tune. I guess everyone would be grateful if you will remove this "junk" and upload this tune again

Due this heavy distoreted guitar I can only give a "good" because it really ruins this tune.

Eliot.
So, to those of you who've heard this remix; is it worth re-remixing? Did i really make such a big mistake with the distorted section?

*Sighs* Me and Rob Hubbard clearly dont mix.

[/quote]
hoomish
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by hoomish »

I like it just the way it is. I voted it *Very Good* (I think) and I'm quite critical usually. Don't listen to Eliot - he's full of sh*t as his other reviews attest. Keep up the good work! Btw, Times of Lore is my favourite so far although DL and Star Lifter are cool too :)
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

I have no problems with the mix the way it is. Reminsd me of the Defender of the Crown tune from a certain remix CD.... :wink:
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

merman: does it?
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

erm, it's a great remix, but no i'm sorry i didn't like the distorted guitar either, (read my review). Not thats it's not welcome there, it would have been better to be more subtle with it.

I would have prefered the remix without the guitar myself. But it's not that bad. i still gave it a very good vote :)
Larsec
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Larsec »

I don't think it's THAT bad either... I find the guitar too crunchy, too dry... I think that the background is too tame for the guitar or the guitar is too rough compared to the background... Take your pick :)

My point is that a distorted guitar might very well be fitting... Just not this guitar...

But it's still a good remix in my opinion :)
<--- I went that way --->
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

Neil wrote:merman: does it?
I just listened to the two together, and it does. The slow tempo, the way the drums come in, the repeated riff, the way it fades back to the original riff. - in fact, replacing the fuzzy guitar of the River tune with flute/violin fills would probably make it sound even closer.

I like both tunes. On first listen to the "Romantic River Epic" it really did remind of the Remix64 version of Rebecca. That's my opinion.
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
Maindrian
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Maindrian »

I think the distorted guitar was done because I ran out of ideas. I felt that the tune being repeated over and over would be boring, so I pulled out the distortion pedal. The lazy approach. :D

To be honest I think I just overreacted to Eliot calling it junk. Fair enough, its his opinion, but listening to the track again with a clear head, I'm quite proud of it. Yes the distorted guitar is a spoiler, but for most of the running time, its quite nice. I think another factor in my earlier dislike of the remix would have to be because its quite old. I started it just after the new year, so to me it has dated.

Anyways, yeah its good, but could be a lot better. One of these days, eh? :wink: