Ring of Medusa-remix

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
Max Levin
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Ring of Medusa-remix

Post by Max Levin »

Is "Ring of Medusa" originally an Amiga game? I've only seen it on AtariST, but almost every game on Amiga came from/to AtariST.
Why I'm wondering? I made a remix of the tune a long ago for a AtariST-remix cd(!), the project was probably dumped and now it's laying on one of my backup cds instead :) I could upload it just for laughts
Dr.Future
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Dr.Future »

DO THIS!

Rings of Medusa was a f**king great game with a perfect soundtrack by Jochen Hippel. I played it for weeks on my Amiga (til I killed Medusa, hehe). 8)
Dr.Future - and music will never be the same!
Max Levin
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Max Levin »

Oh dear... youre gonna be dissapointed when you hear it :( It's one of my earlier rave-attempts, sure the guy behind http://www.atari.st liked it enough for a cd but I guess he was desperate
Anyway, I'll upload it if you promise to NOT send spam afterwards! ;)
Michael
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Michael »

Wasn't Rings of Medusa on AMIGA one of the games programmed by the same two that did the famous SCA boot virus? That one with the message "Something wonderful has happened ....... And even better ........ Your computer is alive!" or something similar.
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

Rings of Medusa kicks! In fact, most Hippel choons do :)

I've been thinking of remixing this myself. But that's a later project. Right now I'm too busy with C64 stuff and school.
ifadeo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by ifadeo »

Michael wrote:Wasn't Rings of Medusa on AMIGA one of the games programmed by the same two that did the famous SCA boot virus? That one with the message "Something wonderful has happened ....... And even better ........ Your computer is alive!" or something similar.
yep, i think it was the first boot virus on the amiga....
later many guys used it to make a boot intro...(think so...)

cheers 2Klang
M.A.F
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by M.A.F »

Your mix reminds me of Bass Generator,a DJ from Newcastle England.

And I liked him alot! :)
Not to be too pretentious you understand.
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

ahh... the sca virus... :) ...back in the days i had no antivirus proggy for my a500 and i used sca virus to kill other boot virii... :lol:
the sca himself was easily killed by booting from a clean system disk and overwriting the bootsector...
oh...err....slightly off-topic... sorry :wink:
All is lost.
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

I'm actually toying with the idea of creating an Atari ST remix CD actually. It's never been done before and there seems to be a large comunity out there.

Tho, the ST's chip was poor, there are some damn fine tunes out there which should be explored.

I dunno who i would publish it through, as c64audio.com wouldn't be interested in such a cd as it isn't c64 related i don't think.

I'll think more on it after i've finished the v2 CD.

Neil
Max Levin
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Max Levin »

Contact Richard Davey about this Neil! He said he hadn't put down his ST-album project, but its going REAL slow. Maybe you could help him finish it?
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

<<<
Tho, the ST's chip was poor, there are some damn fine tunes out there which should be explored.

I dunno who i would publish it through, as c64audio.com wouldn't be interested in such a cd as it isn't c64 related i don't think.

I'll think more on it after i've finished the v2 CD.
>>>
Maybe I'd surprise you, Neil! (I do sell Immortal on the site, after all).

Seems to me though that most of the classic tunes on the ST were
cut-down versions of Amiga tunes, transferred versions of C64 tunes,
or were by Jochen Hippel! Either way the musicians who were doing this
stuff were pretty much the same group of dudes who were doing all the
other game music: Ben Daglish, Tim Follin and Dave Whittaker especially.

Mind you, if you take the same approach with this you've taken with
R64, then you'd be ditching the chip sound, and be left relying on the tunes.

It would also have to be a CD created by a real fan, otherwise the target audience would probably react with a "meh". Were you an avid ST fan as well Neil? :)

Chris
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

your right, the ST music would have to be less adventerous than with r64 cd's. We'd have to go for the identical cover approach and the famous bouncy jolly ST tunes, there was loads of them.

Regarding the Amiga ports to the ST, actually it's visa versa, they were generally converted from the ST to the amiga. The classic FOFT tune was a prime example.

Jochen was massive on the ST, followed very much the same respect as hubbard did on the c64, but their are a few others... Crispy noodle was popular too. (no thats not a chinese dish). There's also some excellent whittaker/daglish tunes that were done on the ST only. There's some good stuff.

People know me from the ST scene, i was part of the (dare i say it) demo/cracking group FOFT (hehe notice the title). the group which i was the founder was voted 3rd best compactiobn menu group in the world at one point. So yeah, they know me ;)

Neil
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

max: what do you know about this CD?

i breifly heard about this thing about 2 years ago, but it sempt to have died.

do you speak with richard much? i have spoken to the guy in the past.

Neil