Galway & FeekZoid 2003

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
Feekzoid
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Galway & FeekZoid 2003

Post by Feekzoid »

Lord only knows whats up with me at the moment, I seem to be all of a sudden working on loads of new music.

Got a new one that I've been dying to do for years, but never been happy with the instruments available to me.

So... 10 years on I'm nearly finished Galway & FeekZoid, a cover of a cover :)

Please let me know what you think of this one so far. Things subject change already are the lead instrument in this section, I'm thinking of replacing it with a distorted/filtered/wah'd guitar.

http://www.feekzoid.vispa.com/gw&fz2003.mp3
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

Ah! It's that feekzoid sound! "I just can't get enough, I just can't get enough!"
Dr.Future
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Dr.Future »

Top Stuff! :D
Dr.Future - and music will never be the same!
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

Wow, perhaps my nagging helped after all...

Loving this lots, but only a section? You tease! Without being too critical, it does sound like a lot of other Galway covers. Needs something different to make it stand out a bit more.
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
hoomish
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by hoomish »

Love it so far! :D
Feekzoid
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Feekzoid »

Its nearly done, quite changed from the original excerpt. Should finished today or tomorrow.

Merman:I found it quite a difficult one to approach, Ive wanted to do it for ages. I think Galway covers end up sounding bad, or good depending on how you handle his instruments. Inevitably for them to sound good you have to use fairly clean synthy instruments, which is perhaps why Galway covers tend to sound similar.

However ;)

I'm inserting some "dirty" guitar work into it now, and then second section has a grungy guitar rhythm in it, so that should hopefully give it a more unique air.