What the...?!?! - A Trauma Tribute by Larsec

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Re: Hey!

Post by Makke »

Rafael Dyll wrote:And Episode 1 does not suck. We're not 12 year old anymore, that's the difference. C3PO was just as silly 20 years ago.
True, but it didn't feature a 6 year old who couldn't act even if his life depended on it. :wink:
CraigG
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Re: Wrong.

Post by CraigG »

Hey, Raf, I can see you're a fan, so sorry so slight Star Wars. However, I must take exception to your comment "if you missed Star Wars, what the hell are you doing watching Episode 1??? If you're into Sci-Fi and you don't know Star Wars, erm... eh???"

At the end of the day, epidose 1 is supposed to be the _first_ in the series. Therefore, like any _first_ episode in a series, no prior knowledge should be assumed. If prior knowledge of a later part is needed, then that's just bad writing, which is added to by the sheer number of in-jokes. Imagine, for instance, if LotR had started with part two--that's what episode 1 felt like to that friend of mine...

Many of the details are also inconsistent, even to a person like me, who's not exactly a huge fan. C3PO being built by Vader was just odd (and out of whack with stuff that happens later) while one can only wonder if Lucas made Jar Jar responsible for the entire galactic war after finding out that everyone really hated the character after episode 1!
I dare anyone to find a continuity fault in the two new films.
There are dozens. Just do a Google and you'll find loads of sites talking about this sort of thing.

However, I do agree with your other point: Star Wars always was a kids' film, and essentially a Sunday morning movie for the big screen. What amazes me is how highly people rate the movies. I mean, they're not bad (well, at least Star Wars and Empire), and are fairly entertaining, but that's about all as far as I'm concerned. I suppose they don't really merit dissection.
Rafael Dyll
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Ok but...

Post by Rafael Dyll »

... if you do a search on fan sites, you'll find feasible explanations for all of them. :lol:

Your're either into this kind of stuff or not. Only thing that worries me is that people take SW so seriously now and criticize a fun action movie for lack of plot. Come on, the initial trilogy was just so simple. You had the good guys and the bad, the Jedi and the Force. The father and the son and by some ridiculous coincidence, just about everyone was connected to everone else. Leia with Luke, Vader with Obi Wan, where is the difference?

In any case, just for the sake of me saying it, if you watch the old trilogy now, you'll find many little connections to the new films. Like Threepeo saying that they (him and R2) have seen many battles in the past or Greedo (the green scum alien in the bar in Episode 4) who happens to be Anakin's friend in E1. Just proves what a scum he is, he never got out of Tatooine.

Ok, I'm a big fan. I don't wear Stormtrooper outfits in my spare time though! :o :D

My the force be with you.

Rafael
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

I think I may have caused a lot of "trauma" by comparing Larsec's magnum opus with Star Wars. Humble apologies...
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
Larsec
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Larsec »

It's all good, merman, thanx :)

But I don't really mind since I am a huge Star Wars fan myself, have been since 1982 or so when I watched Episode 4 - A New Hope... So please continue :)
<--- I went that way --->
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

just the annoying twit i am, i will throw in some words ...
just show me a sci fi or fantasy epic with more than one episode that doesn't ails from logical hickups... something like lotr doesn't really count in here, because it's a (huge) book turned movie. and there are tons of conversions from books to movie that were pure crap. let's have a look at movies that are based on a script or idea only. star treks comes to mind with endless logical glitches (explained with even more irratic techno-babble) and its aimed at adults. star wars has big glitches, too. and everybody seems to point on'em. but who really cares... enough people love them movies, both star wars and star trek. i watched all episodes of star wars, i watched every star trek movie on tv (some in cinema) and i don't regret it. if you dislike what lucas did to star wars or what they did to star trek after roddenberry, because one or both of the shows were 'YOUR' universe, your place to let your imagination play, then calm down and play the rpg to own your favorite universe. i say, what is star wars without han solo ? what captain was better - Kirk, Picard, etc. ? it's your imagination, use it. oh my god, somebody please stop me. i am writing and writing and nobody reads this crap, so why don't i stop right here ?
maybe cause my rpg-group just died and i am an addict ? arrgh...
never mind. how about some ideas for a c64-based sci-fi story ? 'they took two computer equivalents to c64 and ventured to the moon' ... 'aliens 9 : retailiation of the breadbox' ... nyahahhahaa...oops.
All is lost.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

And, in the interests of extreme silliness and romance:

http://mm.dfilm.com/mm2s/mm_route.php?id=1064877
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

And I thought I was insane!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Max Levin
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Max Levin »

That one was actually quite fun! :D
Is it possible to make a sequel where Honorabili plays his "works" for all the composers personally? And remember: I wanna se blood
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

> Is it possible to make a sequel where Honorabili plays his "works"
> for all the composers personally? And remember: I wanna se blood
Unfortunately there aren't any death scenes available! However, he could
get chased around a bit...
Max Levin
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Max Levin »

... with an axe?
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

max max max max max max max max max max max max max max
lets be serious here eh.........

chasing honorobilli with an axe...........pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

2 axes 1 rusty spoon, half a cup of garlic salts a brevil bread maker and alot and i mean alot of holy water ........if your gonna do it right.......do it right i say.....

lolol
Max Levin
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Max Levin »

How about a Holy Handgrenade while we're at it?
Vosla

Post by Vosla »

the holy handgrenade of antiochia ? monty python alert !!! :lol:
All is lost.
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

Vosla wrote:the holy handgrenade of antioch ? monty python alert !!! :lol:
Also, worms alert! The holy handgrenade appears as a weapon in later games in the series...