What software do you use?

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".

What software do you use?

Reason
30%
eJay, Fruityloops or similar
5%
A tracker
15%
Cakewalk
10%
Other
40%

Total votes: 20

Max Levin
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Max Levin »

Logic Audio Platinum 6.1.0 my choice
Thanks to Studio magazine I think I know why! :)
bluefugue
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by bluefugue »

skitz wrote:I've got a question for all FL Studio users....

Do you have any tricks to make a final mix sound good? I either end up with something that is cliped to hell or is way too soft....

(Still haven't really released anything because I'm too shy although you could listen to my wip of Bouncing Ball as it highlights my problem!)

Skitz
Sometimes I use the "Fruity softclipper" effect to keep things from peaking too much. It is hard to get good, clean, loud sound though. I don't know if in my case it's a problem with FL or just my lack of experience.
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

none of the above blue mate.......fruitys a reet bstard to use, sounds lovely when u know whatcha doing...your the programmer etc and u KNOW its limitations..... but thats not what im writing here again about.
i just noticed on the poll that e-jay and fruityloops was put in the same category on there.

yet e-jay cant really be classed in the same area as fruity....seeing as fruity despite looking all trendy like e-jay tries, is a far more serious music package than e-jay.

e-jay is for the quick fix boy's and girls BUT!, anyone who can write an entire NEW composition using e-jay deserves a purple heart (think i once heard parralax redone with e-jay and boy was i impressed).
but anyway......e-jay n fruity shouldnt have been in the same area in my low and rather shite opinion lol.

just wanted to say ;-)
Yoshi
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Yoshi »

Infamous wrote:i just noticed on the poll that e-jay and fruityloops was put in the same category on there.

yet e-jay cant really be classed in the same area as fruity....seeing as fruity despite looking all trendy like e-jay tries, is a far more serious music package than e-jay.
I know I know...
I had an old version of Fruityloops once and I thought it was a lot like e-Jay.
hikari
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by hikari »

I don't use anything oweing to the fact that I have the talent of an inebriated nat.
hikari aka chris aka other things
http://www.hikari.org.uk/