Lead instrument samples/plug-ins

The place for musicians to share their knowledge and ideas about music and remixing, and to post WIP snippets and feedback. Also suggest tunes for remixing, here.
pfk
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Lead instrument samples/plug-ins

Post by pfk »

Hey!

Seeing Kristian Røstøen posting a remix preview here kinda motivated me to get back to work on my own first try. I left it because I couldn't find a good lead instrument, and now I'm hoping someone can get me back on track :)

I'm doing a simple tune by Link/Vibrants in Renoise, and I guess something like a jazzy organ / vibraphone / guitar thing would suit it pretty well. Some filtering effect, etc. would probably be nice, but I should probably add that in mixing?

What sort of instruments or plug-ins do people recommend, and do you use default sounds, or spend heaps of time on tweaking your own, optimized instruments?

Any good examples out there?

- pfk
Tonka
Forum God
Forum God

Re: Lead instrument samples/plug-ins

Post by Tonka »

pfk wrote:
What sort of instruments or plug-ins do people recommend, and do you use default sounds, or spend heaps of time on tweaking your own, optimized instruments?

- pfk
TWEAK! Preset's SUCK!

Re-fx Vanguard can produce some great sounds with very little effort (but it has limited control when it comes to really fine-tuning your sounds...

I thoroughly recommend 'Synth 1' - I now use it for most of my bread and butter synth sounds... Sounds great, wealth of editing options and is totally free :)

http://www.geocities.jp/daichi1969/softsynth/

Tonka
ifadeo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by ifadeo »

maybe you should try z3ta+, it's a real good softsynth...

http://www.rgcaudio.com/

on their site you can also d/l some good freeware synths like:

Triangle II - a synth that i still use.... sometime... :wink:

sfz - the freeware version of their soundfont player (you can find tons of free soundfonts on the net.)

cheers ifadeo
Romeo Knight
Supreme Strumming Daddy
Supreme Strumming Daddy

Post by Romeo Knight »

What about the MinimogueVA?
Free Minimoog+ softsynth with lots of fine lead presets ready for tweaking! :wink:
http://www.glenstegner.com/softsynths.html
putzi
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by putzi »

Z3TA+ is absolutley the most incredible thing that you can get for such a low amount of money.
putzi
ifadeo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by ifadeo »

putzi wrote:Z3TA+ is absolutley the most incredible thing that you can get for such a low amount of money.
YES!!!!

btw. due a hardware crash i lost you phone number, that's the reason
why i can't call you..... argh... nicht böse sein... :wink:
also most of my email contacts are lost too....

cheers ifadeo