Why SID > MOD

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
xo
Exosphere Resident
Exosphere Resident

Post by xo »

A bit OT, I was always impressed with the specs of Symphonie for Amiga. Can't find any homepage for it today unfortunately.

- 8...256 Soundchannels
- Intern 8-32 Bit, mit FPU: 32Bit/64Bit
- 8-64Bit intern, Digital Hall Processor
- Audio OUT : 9Bit Stereo oder 12-14Bit ACM Stereo über Amiga
. 16-64Bit Stereo/Surround über (mehrere) Soundkarten

Pretty wild specs for an amiga music program.
Romeo Knight
Supreme Strumming Daddy
Supreme Strumming Daddy

Post by Romeo Knight »

I'v tested XMPlay and it indeed plays CotE well.
But ModPlug sounds a lot better IMO: It has a high quality resampling function that kills a lot of the typical 8bit aliasing hiss.
xo
Exosphere Resident
Exosphere Resident

Post by xo »

Modplug sounds better than XMPlay? I'm officially intrigued... [downloading]
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

I second Romero Knight on that ModPlug thing BUT some MODs sound very different. You can tweak a lot of options but I recommend for those tricky MODs a second MODPlayer like Deli.
All is lost.
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

FFRenzy wrote:XM-play has a lot of plugins for input too, BTW http://support.xmplay.com/
Yes, but it's not even close to the amount of MOD-formats that DeliPlayer plugins support. Most plugins for XMPlay are actually WinAMP plugins, and we all know how well they usually play weird formats.
exoskeleton wrote:Unfortunately I don't quite like the UI or skins of XMPlay either.
I actually prefer the really old version of XMPlay, with the shitty looking UI. It looks like crap, but it does what it's supposed to, i.e. give easy access to the features.
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
Nickenstien
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Nickenstien »

@LMan, haha I did the same botch-job on a pair of headphones myself, because I had my amiga wired to an old sterio, and I got told-off by my parents who were trying to sleep. Hehe, my room was always full of wire-cuttings and bits of electricians-tape because of my homemade mods :D

(PS, LMan, I'm only two posts away from that balloon you _PROMISED_ me, hehe :P)
stuff and that and things with bits on it!
FFRenzy
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by FFRenzy »

Makke wrote:
FFRenzy wrote:XM-play has a lot of plugins for input too, BTW http://support.xmplay.com/
Yes, but it's not even close to the amount of MOD-formats that DeliPlayer plugins support. Most plugins for XMPlay are actually WinAMP plugins, and we all know how well they usually play weird formats.
Well, to have the best of both worlds, try the delix plugin for XMPlay, it adds a lot of the deliplayer formats :
XMP-DELIX is a plugin for XMPlay for playing music in many various (often exotic) Amiga formats. Delix acts as a wrapper plugin allowing XMPlay use EaglePlayer and DeliTracker players (plugins). To achieve this, some Amiga hardware is emulated - the MC68000 processor, Paula sound chip and CIA adapters. Delix also clones Amiga software - some functions of the AmigaOS and obviously EaglePlayer/DeliTracker API.

This plugin is on a very early stage of development and should be considered experimental software with tons of bugs, yet it features:

support for 121 music formats:
Action Amics Soundtool, AHX, AM Composer, AMOS Music Bank, Art & Magic player, Art of Noise (4 voices), Beathoven Synthesizer, Ben Daglish player, Ben Daglish SID player, Blade Packer, Chip Tracker, Cinemaware player, Core Design player, CustomMade, Darius Zendeh player, Dave Lowe new player, Dave Lowe player (DAVELOWE), Dave Lowe player (UNCLEART), David Whittaker player, Delta Music 1.0, Delta Music 2.0, Desire player, DigiBooster, Digital Sonix & Chrome player, Digital Sound Studio, Dynamic Synthesizer, Ear Ache, Editeur Musical Sequentiel (EMS), Fashion Tracker, "Forgotten Worlds" player, Fred Editor, Fred Gray player, Future Composer 1.3, Future Composer 1.4, Future Composer BSI, Future Player, GlueMon, Howie Davies player, Images Music System, In Stereo 1.0, In Stereo 2.0, Infogrames player, JamCracker, Janko Mrsic-Flogel player, Jason C. Brooke player, Jason Page player, Jeroen Tel player, Jochen Hippel player, Jochen Hippel 7V player, Jochen Hippel COSO player, Kris Hatlelid player, Leggless Music Editor, Magnetic Fields packer, Major Tom player, Maniacs of Noise player, Mark Cooksey player, Mark Cooksey old player, Mark II Sound System, Martin Walker player, MED/OctaMED (4 voices), MED/OctaMED (8 voices), Medley, Mike Davies player, MMDC, Mugician, Mugician II, Music Assembler, NovoTrade packer, Paul Robotham player, Paul Shields player, Paul Summers player, Peter Verswyvelen packer, Pierre Adane packer, PowerTracker, Professional Sound Artists player, PumaTracker, Quadra Composer, Richard Joseph player, Riff Raff player, Rob Hubbard player, Rob Hubbard ST player, Scumm player, Sean Connolly player, Sean Conran player, SIDMon 1.0, SIDMon 2.0, Silmarils player, Sonic Arranger, Sonic Arranger packed, Sonix, Soprol, Sound Master, Sound Player, Soundcontrol, Soundfactory, SoundFX, SoundImages, SoundMon 2.0, SoundMon 2.2, Special FX, Speedy A1 System, Speedy System, Steve Barrett player, Steve Turner player, SunTronic, SynthDream, Synthesis, SynthPack, SynTracker, TFMX, TFMX 7V, TFMX Pro, Tim Follin player, The Musical Enlightenment, Thomas Hermann player, TomyTracker, TronicTracker, Wally Beben player, Voodoo Supreme Synthesizer, YMST and custom players
perfect Paula sound chip emulation
fast CPU emulation by Starscream library
quality playback with surround sound
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO what a ride'
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Nickenstien wrote: (PS, LMan, I'm only two posts away from that balloon you _PROMISED_ me, hehe :P)
Keep going then! :D
the_JinX
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by the_JinX »

I use UADE for the 'exotica' amiga tracks..
UADE plays old Amiga tunes through UAE emulation and cloned m68k-assembler Eagleplayer API.

This software would not have been possible for us to produce without the great Free Software model which allowed us to make use of years of hard work of the UAE team. Most of the thanks goes to their pioneering work to build the necessary infrastructure, especially Bernd Schmidt, the initiator of UAE project.

The player infrastructure of UADE is built on the ground work of Eagleplayer and Delitracker projects. We want to mention few people from both projects. Jan Blumenthal and Henryk Richter from the Eagleplayer project; Peter Kunath, Frank Riffel and Florian Vorberger from Delitracker project; Those projects formed an infrastructure on which many different people produced reusable external players, thanks to them too. UADE makes these external players reusable on certain UNIX and other platforms.
It plays anything I could find and plays it well !
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

FFRenzy wrote:Well, to have the best of both worlds, try the delix plugin for XMPlay, it adds a lot of the deliplayer formats :
Oooh, I have completely missed that one. Will absolutely check it out!
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
Nickenstien
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Nickenstien »

@LMan

Ohh alright then, but can..............
Last edited by Nickenstien on 24/05/2006 - 12:00, edited 1 time in total.
Nickenstien
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Nickenstien »

..... I have my balloon now? :D

(YAY, I'm a certified Loony, at last I have the proof :P, hehe )
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Nickenstien wrote:..... I have my balloon now? :D
Here goes, you loony! :D

Nickenstien
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Nickenstien »

YAY :D

Thanks LMan it's just what i've always wanted :D :D :D
FFRenzy
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by FFRenzy »

hrmpf....i didn't get a balloon with my 100th post.....

* goes into the corner and starts sulking *

:wink:
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO what a ride'