Amiga Remixes on SLAY Radio?

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...

Should SLAY Radio take on Amiga remixes too?

HELL yes! I've been waiting for this to happen for ages!
49%
No, I would prefer that SLAY Radio sticks to c64 remixes only!
15%
Yes, but start a neighbour station instead, and leave the current station as it is!
29%
I really don't care.
7%

Total votes: 41

Slaygon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Amiga Remixes on SLAY Radio?

Post by Slaygon »

I've been thinking a while about this, and now it's time to ask you, the listeners, what you would think about having a dedicated hour (or longer) once a day, where SLAY Radio plays Amiga remixes only?
Or perhaps I should start a "neighbour" station that only plays Amiga remixes?

This is kind of a major step to take, seeing that SLAY Radio has been dedicated to playing only c64 remixes for the past ~6 years, so please, do give it some serious thought before voting!

So, cast your votes now, and I will see if I can implement whatever the outcome of this vote will be.
Floaf
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Floaf »

Sounds like a superb idea, but considering the quality of most amiga remixes today, you may want to limit the playlist to remixes that is rated high :-)

I don't mean that it doesn't exist bad C64 remixes, but the average quality seems higher in the C64 remix scene. For now.
http://www.x-formz.com <-- visit or die :-P
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

agreed the amiga releases generally speaking are quite poor. I would think it wouldn't be a good idea at all to mix them together...

It would be like RKO and Amigaremix merging.. It's nice that they are seperate but have a central unit as in between as in remix64's boards are. I say go for it but as two individual station connected by your central site.
Artlace

Post by Artlace »

Personally, I'd like to think of those few really good quality Amiga-remixes as a few excusive tunes. We have a few tunes that are not remixes, however C64-related. Few Amiga-tunes would fit.
"Never underestimate the transfer speed of a truck, loaded with tapes"
Kenz
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Kenz »

I think a neighbour station would be a good idea - but I'd like to hear REAL Amiga music in there as well as remixes (which might make up for the fact that there aren't really very many remixes out there - as yet!)

In fact, I'd be willing to help out here as I have recorded a LOAD of Amiga stuff recently (far too much to fit in my podcast) and am willing to donate all my recordings to the new station (if it happens).

Also, I'd be more than happy to record MORE Amiga music for the station too as I really enjoyed revisiting the old Amiga games and demos.
New Commercial 8-BIT Games NOW AVAILABLE! - http://www.psytronik.net
Schlicky
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Schlicky »

Kenz idea is spot on ! :lol:
trace
Forum God
Forum God

Post by trace »

It would be cool to have a radio station to play amiga remixes too :)
How many amiga mixes is there anyway?

Crap i have to start makeing amiga remixes too :)
(Carpe Diem Seize the day)
Soundcloud PowerTrace
c64-> /various/M-r/Noise_of_SID
Phantom66uk
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Phantom66uk »

Kenz wrote:I think a neighbour station would be a good idea - but I'd like to hear REAL Amiga music in there as well as remixes (which might make up for the fact that there aren't really very many remixes out there - as yet!)
Agreed Kenz. 8)

There are only a few Amiga 'Remixes' that I actually like, the original Amiga tunes are often of a standard where it's hard to remix them. Two of my favorite Amiga originals would be "Gods" & "XenonII", even though I'm a non-musician, I think it'd be very hard to improve upon these two tunes.
xo
Exosphere Resident
Exosphere Resident

Post by xo »

Oops, was too quick to vote for #1. A neighbour station is a better idea. :)
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

I think it's a good idea to pop in some Amiga remixes because there are so few really good ones so they don't disturb anyone... :lol:

Ok, bad joke.

:wink:
All is lost.
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

Phantom66uk wrote:There are only a few Amiga 'Remixes' that I actually like, the original Amiga tunes are often of a standard where it's hard to remix them. Two of my favorite Amiga originals would be "Gods" & "XenonII", even though I'm a non-musician, I think it'd be very hard to improve upon these two tunes.
Xenon 2 isn't an original Amiga tune.

It's a remix of "Megablast (Hip Hop On Precinct 13)" from Bomb the Bass' kickass 1988 album "Into the Dragon".
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

I voted.

Now has there been any kind of discussion as to why C64 Remixes are of higher calibur than Amiga Remixes?

My Hypthesis would be the C64's mostly none-sampled nature lends for more creativity vs the Amigas Sample Based tunes.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Analog-X wrote:I voted.

Now has there been any kind of discussion as to why C64 Remixes are of higher calibur than Amiga Remixes?

My Hypthesis would be the C64's mostly none-sampled nature lends for more creativity vs the Amigas Sample Based tunes.
I think there's been a lot of discussion over the years about this. I'd also add that most C64 musicians bought a lot of versatile musical skills to the table, being inspired by non-computer musicians. However, most Amiga composers seemed to be inspired by other computer musicians. A huge generalisation, of course.

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Phantom66uk
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Phantom66uk »

Jan Lund Thomsen wrote: It's a remix of "Megablast (Hip Hop On Precinct 13)" from Bomb the Bass' kickass 1988 album "Into the Dragon".
ah, I didn't know that it was a full remix. I'm trying to remember what sort of age I was when I first heard it over at a friends house, I guess 12 or 13 years old. I probably misinterpreted reviews as "Bomb the bass just did the soundtrack", I wasn't into the whole music scene as a 'youngster' [laugh] so that's probably why still to this day thought it was an original tune.
the_JinX
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by the_JinX »

I voted for "HELL yes! I've been waiting for this to happen for ages!" but want Slaygon to filter a bit better then AmigaRemix..
But I think that speaks for it's self..Doesn't it ?
ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI
And when in russia, pet a PETSCII
http://annejan.com/