FIFA World cup 2006 in Germany

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
gibs
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by gibs »

Makke wrote:
gibs wrote:explain them what the respect is. this is what my father teach me, because when I was young I was out of respect...(and maybe today too, I'm not perfect) but compared in some country, I have grown where respect is important.
Yes, and you very respectfully said that all Italians always complain... Just because DHS posted an animation, when he one post earlier said France deserved to win.
What is disrespectful by saying this ?
This anim is suposed to laught at Zidane no ? Zidane plays in France no ?
Hey I don't have time to lost talking about that sh|t, I have things more fun to do and I can't be right because you'are called Makke and I am concient that I was not going to make friends while intervening on this thread.

I'm 50% Italian by my mother (real Italian 1st name, 2nd name speak italian etc I mean not french with italian origins) but I'm sorry I am ashamed of Italy, I cannot be identified with this team and I ask myself how the Italian people can share joy after what happened...it's sad, it's not fair, it's not sport.

ok, throw to me stones
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

gibs wrote:I have things more fun to do and I can't be right because you'are called Makke and I am concient that I was not going to make friends while intervening on this thread.
*sigh*

You know what? Let's just leave it right here. I'm not interested in starting another shit-throwing-contest, I just disliked what you wrote, that's all.
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
robrascal

Post by robrascal »

Maybe the following is a litte bit off-topic, but i would like to ask if someone on this board went to germany to watch the world cup "live" (and if yes, how it was :)).

I ask, because i live in one of these "official fifa cities" (or however these cities are called). And it seemed that there weren't so many foreign people as expected - maybe they went only to my hometown when their own team played here (for one or two days).

(btw: i hate these Pepsi commercial, shown in our cinemas at the moment: I can't remember when i've seen so much cliches in one single spot. Only bavarians are wearing "Lederhosen" and eating that much "Sauerkraut". Personally i hate even these litte garden gnomes. Some germans are even thinking that we should better sell bavaria... :twisted: ;-) )
DHS
Forum God
Forum God

Post by DHS »

--
DHS of The SoundWavers
http://soundwavers.com/
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

lets leave it here eh? .. whats done is done theres no point debating over it or taking nationalities and making concessions for each.. in the end it was 1 man from each country having a moment of madness theres absolutely no need for it to go any further than that.

zidane shouldnt have done what he did, materazzi shouldnt have said what he said .. ref made the right decision (if a little late). end of.

now lets all have a fika and laugh and joke together again :)
Firefox
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Firefox »

I second that :lol:
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

I third that :lol:
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

To quote "Sticks and Stones will break my bones but words can never hurt me!"

As Alan Shearer said after the event if you went and headbutted everyone on the football pitch for something they said then you'd be sent of every 15 seconds.

I still, whatever was said, cannot understand why Zidane did such a thing. I would have thought he was proffesional enough to absorb these coments and have enough self restraint to not do such a thing.
moog
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by moog »

@Infamous: I fourth that :)
Dumper
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Dumper »

moog wrote:@Infamous: I fourth that :)
Shall i be annoying and Fifth that? Oh why not, Fifth it is. :lol:
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Waz »

I sixth that, even.

In any case, there were plenty of good moments in the tournament to look back on, and I think because of the emergence of new teams making it to the finals for the first time, a lot more unknown quantities and surprises around.

I'd like to give full credit to:

* Ivory Coast - for being put in such a difficult group, they pushed Argentina and Holland to narrow 2-1 defeats and played well, and the way they fought back from 2-0 down to win 3-2 against Serbia. Everyone got behind them during the comeback and when they scored the winner you felt that it was the least that they deserved.

* Owen Hargreaves - for proving a lot of England fans (me included) about his ability. Shame it took Sven many years to work out that Hargreaves' best position was that for his club Bayern Munich, but nonetheless he took that role with aplomb and was outstanding against Portugal, thoroughly deserving the FIFA man of the match award. Maybe McLaren has at least taken note and that if he's going to play a midfield diamond with holding role, put Hargreaves in there as he seems to be the right man.

* Germany - not just for finishing third, with an excellent third place playoff win, but also for their organisation of the tournament which was first class, and indeed the way that they made everyone feel very warm and welcomed. Hopefully the national success can also translate to increased crowds in the domestic Bundesliga (The English Premiership had the same knock on effect after Euro 1996 although attendances are waning a bit lately)

* Ghana - no one gave them a chance of making it through a group with eventual winners Italy, the Czech Republic and USA, but after losing narrowly to Italy, the Ghanians, although sometimes naive, provided some entertaining football and deserved their two group wins. Although outshadowed by Brazil, nonetheless it was great to see them give it a go and considering the supposed rankings of USA and the Czechs, a sure sign that African football in general is on the up.

There's others, but those stuck out to mind.
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Zzap! 64, CF and HVSC Contributor
Flickr! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/
Twitter: @zawtowers
--------------------------------------------
gibs
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by gibs »

tas wrote: I still, whatever was said, cannot understand why Zidane did such a thing. I would have thought he was proffesional enough to absorb these coments and have enough self restraint to not do such a thing.
Zidane's mom is at the hospital and perhaps dying.
After the victory against Portagal, the only words Zidane said on TV was
"Mom, I love You"...He isn't the kind of person that spread his private life in public...

when you hear that your "a son of a terrorist whore" maybe you can understand now ?

Now, Riccardo Villari (Italian deputy) , shit in his pant and wants to know the truth about if Mazeratti said "Terrorist"...
There are 6 millions of Musulman living in France. what will happen in September in France for "France Italy" ? think about it...
Monty
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Monty »

Waz wrote:I sixth that, even.
very good roundup, waz.
great that you remembered ivory coast.
i nominated them as world champions in my prediction games before the wc started. 8)
i knew that that was a bit exaggerated, but i didn't want to be the 100th person to name brazil.
i really felt that they had deserved it to be in the final round, but unfortunately this wc was a bad one for attacking teams...

concerning hargreaves:
being a bayern munich supporter he sometimes drives me mad, he surely isn't the best midfielder in the world, but he definitely has the right heart and spirit and always fights, therefore i like him.
gibs
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by gibs »

Jessica Rees (uk) , 36 Years of work with police. she was the 1st deaf person to go to the university...

En anglais (site du Daily Mirror)
Zidane: (in Italian) Stop pulling my shirt.
Materrazi: Shut up f****r, you only get what you deserve.
Zidane: Yeah, sure...
Materrazi: All of you deserve that, f*****g Muslims, terrorist b******s.

Zidane was walking forward...

for Jessica Rees and for other expert from Sun & Daily mail, those things are clear!

Zidane was walking forward...

Materazzi added : "we all know that you are the son of a terrorist whore"

Materrazzi added : "fuck off"

zidane make an half turn, give him a headbutt.

translated by me but source is here : http://permanent.nouvelobs.com/sport/20 ... S4861.html
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

*sigh*

I've seen/heard three or four different interpretations of what was said.

Zidane will give his side of the story tonight in a press conference.
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live