Wings of Death - Level 4

Have you released a new remix at Remix.Kwed.Org, AmigaRemix or somewhere else on the web? Tell the community about it here!
Nils Schneider

Wings of Death - Level 4

Post by Nils Schneider »

Hi @ all,

I'm working as musician for the remake of the game "Wings of Death" (Amiga/Atari) for PC, called "Blazing Wings". I'm remixing all level tunes of the game and also the intro / outro.

Maybe you are interested to listen to Level 4, I just completed it.

http://namenotfound404.no-ip.com/tracks ... evel04.mp3

Let me know what you think!

Nils
Firefox
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Firefox »

Hey there Nils.

Nice work. I like everything except the drums. They are too woody for my taste and too dry. The sound of the snare and bassdrum should be more roundish in my oppinion. They should also be more up close. They are too thin to be bigbeat drums. Otherwise great job, I get good vibes from it :D ....

/Jimmy
Romeo Knight
Supreme Strumming Daddy
Supreme Strumming Daddy

Post by Romeo Knight »

Hi Nils, I mostly second that, especially the bassdrum is too "high", almost sounds like a "zap". Buth the snare IMO is quite ok.
Welcome here!
Great effort!
Firefox
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Firefox »

I think I have to agree with Romeo here. Bassdrum sounds out of place. The snare fits more but could get there with some EQing. It sounds like a drum loop in the main part. Too static i guess. But hey, they are minor fixes. I'm looking forward to hear what you gonna do.

Happy remixing!

/Jimmy
Nils Schneider

Post by Nils Schneider »

Thanks for your replies. I also noticed that the BD sounds more like a zap today on my monitors, but not on my headphone though (that I used 7 hours last night and I'm using always to make music). I'll try to fix it. I like the snare tough. But it isn't a drum loop (also not the other drums in the break).

Maybe you prefer my other drums that I used in level 1, they sound a little bit more like being played on a real drumset:

http://namenotfound404.no-ip.com/tracks ... evel01.mp3
Firefox
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Firefox »

Yep, they sound better. But they still sound like they are played in a room. It's ok i guess. But I dont really think that they go together with the spacey melody and the other instruments. The other instruments sound big and nice. But all this is, is just really someones oppinion. Mine to be excact 8) . I just tell what I think about it from my 11 years of professional musicmaking and mixing. I'd better change the arpeggios in my sleepwalk remix :lol: . They are way too loud. But that is what it's all about.

But it's like the Karsten Obarski remix I did of Sleepwalk. Ziphoid in this forum (Who is my friend) didn't like the drums of Sleepwalk and especially the snare *S*... I just EQed it. What I want to tell is that it all comes down to what you think yourself in the end :wink: ....

Old Geezers like me and Romeo will always give small pointers if you ask for them (No offense Romeo, you rock in my oppinion).

I'm at work and I'm bored. Excuse me for talking mumbo jumbo :lol: ...

Cream of the earth is on my remix list :evil: .....

/Jimmy
Nils Schneider

Post by Nils Schneider »

I already thought that you've got some music making experiences. When someone is talking about eq-ing and stuff he seems to know what he's doing.

I'm usually creating trance tunes with quite good resonance, the gamemusic-remix area is new for me, something I still have to learn. And I like if someone gives me a few tips in that area :)

Regards,

Nils
Nils Schneider

Post by Nils Schneider »

Btw just in case someone doesn't know the original, here it is:

http://namenotfound404.no-ip.com/wod/level04.mp3
Firefox
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Firefox »

Nils Schneider wrote:I already thought that you've got some music making experiences. When someone is talking about eq-ing and stuff he seems to know what he's doing.

I'm usually creating trance tunes with quite good resonance, the gamemusic-remix area is new for me, something I still have to learn. And I like if someone gives me a few tips in that area :)

Regards,

Nils
Check UNZ tribute under the "Other releases" forum section. That is what i usually do :D
klasman
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by klasman »

Nils Schneider wrote:I already thought that you've got some music making experiences.
That's the understatment of the year! :D
[ the masters of pixel art @ http://nicepixel.se/ ]
Astralia
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Astralia »

I really like both your WoD remakes....WoD imho is one of the best game soundtracks ever!!!! I would really like to hear a remake of WoD level 6!

Best regards

Astralia
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

You can download the Game + Music + Video here.

-> Download Link here <-
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Astralia
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Astralia »

Great, thanks alot!!!! Cant wait for the rest of the levelsongs!!! :D