Timbaland in unauthorised SID usage allegations

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Re: It's from a video game, idiot! Freaking jerk!

Post by Vosla »

Romeo Knight wrote:Was ist der Typ für ein dummes abgefucktes Riesenarschloch!
FULL ACK!!!

Der Typ macht einen auf tollen Ghetto-Gangsta und kommt rüber wie der allerletzte Ober-Aso, der nur fett rumposen kann und wichtig rumdröhnend 'nem Gör den Schnulli klaut! Bis auf dass ihm das Gör jetzt in den dreckigen Klemmgriffel beisst und er wie ein Schulmädel rumheult, aber um cool zu wirken saublöde Spackensprüche reisst. Vielleicht ist mal ein Drive-By mit Katzenkacke fällig, damit der Typ sich so beschissen fühlen kann, wie er sich anstellt! Möchtegern-Gangsta, du kotzt mich an!!!

Kauft nichts mehr von Timberland!

(Sorry! No translation available this time.)

Nelly Furtado should leave that sinking ship.
All is lost.
Ronin
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Ronin »

Vosla wrote:Vielleicht ist mal ein Drive-By mit Katzenkacke fällig, damit der Typ sich so beschissen fühlen kann, wie er sich anstellt! Möchtegern-Gangsta, du kotzt mich an!!!
Hmmm, somehow "Werner" comes to my mind! :wink:

But you are right: Timbaland seems to be a cornered wannabe gangsta. So he lashes out with such bullshit!
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Hehe guys, I share your outrage but please keep your cursing civilised and in english ;)
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

heh.

Read lots of articles and its all very interesting and all that.

using my own ears, the right channel has pretty much the entire sid version playing with a few extra arpeggio's going on in the left.

Nice to know that someone still likes the sid sound really, i think thats been forgotten a little bit in the whole rukus, we can now add incredibly talented american rap producers into the fan base of el sid (along with the prodigy etc).

hopefully he'll eat a bit of humble pie and give a little something to those who are owed, maybe credit the original artist on his website and on 2nd gen cd's credit them there too and of course give a little $$$ and tell his uneducated fans to shut up and get back to mowing the lawn. (sorry had to stick in a generic american put down in there somewere didnt i ^^).
omoroca
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by omoroca »

CreaMD wrote:Transcript: http://www.zxdemo.org/extra/timbaland_r ... script.txt

Clueless quote of the day:
It's from a video game, idiot! [laughter] Freaking jerk! (Timbaland)
I think the transcript is wrong. What I heard him say was: "It's from a video game idiot, a freaking jerk."

So he's calling all videos gamers jerks, which is a really poor attempt to get out of this. But we won't let him, will we! :twisted:

I agree with Infamous that it's actually an honour for a SID artist and our whole scene that the Hip-Hop and R&B producer himself makes SID sounds presentable to a broad Pop music audience. But than he shouldn't talk shit like that, saying he liked it so he used it and at the same time calling its author (and thereby also me and all of you guys) an idiot. That's so sick! But that is also how Timbo's gotten so successful, by being callous and brash and not caring about hurting anyone's feelings, that's what people like about him. That's what I always liked about him. Only that this time I can't find it funny somehow. :evil:
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

I think that one sentence sums it up. He stole and used a song which in he's mind comes from some video game and these bunch of nerds cant do anything about it. HA HA HA in Your face.

Thats how I see it.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Dafunk
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Dafunk »

c'mon, it's f* ridicilous... "It's from a videogame..." (?) somebody still wrote that stuff, it wasn't written by itself, f*ker... Hope just Janne and Glenn can get through with this...
k_rostoen
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by k_rostoen »

Dafunk wrote:c'mon, it's f* ridicilous... "It's from a videogame..." (?) somebody still wrote that stuff, it wasn't written by itself, f*ker... Hope just Janne and Glenn can get through with this...
As omoroca points out a few posts above, what he says is that it is from a "video game idiot", not a "video game, idiot".
Experto credite!
CreaMD
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by CreaMD »

k_rostoen wrote:
Dafunk wrote:c'mon, it's f* ridicilous... "It's from a videogame..." (?) somebody still wrote that stuff, it wasn't written by itself, f*ker... Hope just Janne and Glenn can get through with this...
As omoroca points out a few posts above, what he says is that it is from a "video game idiot", not a "video game, idiot".
Yeah I think you guys are right. He basicallys said that the music was made by a "videgoame freak".

He is not even dumb, he is pretty arrogant.
Last edited by CreaMD on 09/02/2007 - 12:33, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.c64.sk - C64 Scene News
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

He's dumb enough to prejudice his own case by virtually admitting he's careless with his sample sources :)

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Madman

Post by Madman »

Well, he must be pretty rich, so make sure you get enough ca$h out of this. Should set up an paypal account if you need some support.

Signed: A videogame idiot
k_rostoen
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by k_rostoen »

Some people just keep saying that this whole Acid Jazzed Evening is a rippoff of Street Fighter Alpha Turbo. I've never even heard that tune. Does anyone have a sample (no pun intended) of it?
Experto credite!
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

k_rostoen wrote:Some people just keep saying that this whole Acid Jazzed Evening is a rippoff of Street Fighter Alpha Turbo. I've never even heard that tune. Does anyone have a sample (no pun intended) of it?
That's extremely dubious. Probably just Timbaland fans trying to clear him by getting him into trouble with {insert large megacorp who released Street Fighter here}

Mind you, without facts... is that game in Mame?

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
kufi
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by kufi »

Chris Abbott wrote:Mind you, without facts... is that game in Mame?
I had a look at http://www.system16.com and at the mame list iself, and the only ones that i can find and resemble that name are Street Fighter 2 Turbo and Street Fighter Alpha (and their respective sequels/prequels).

http://www.system16.com/list.php?type=g&search=alpha
http://www.system16.com/list.php?type=g&search=turbo

Of course, the list might be incomplete... but as far as i can see most of these are in MAME.

Image Image Image
CreaMD
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by CreaMD »

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/ar ... ns_1021555

"I'm 15 years deep. That's how you attack a king? You attack moi? Come on, man. "You got to come correct. You the laughing stock. People are like, 'You can't be serious." (Timbaland)

He's getting deeper and depper for sure ;-))
http://www.c64.sk - C64 Scene News