Another SID tune nicked?

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Another SID tune nicked?

Post by Chris Abbott »

http://www.c64audio.com/mos/EmSlicevsDe ... herRmx.mp3

Bonus points to whoever finds the SID: EmSlice vs Denga already have a record of nicking SIDs, so...

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Dr.Future
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Dr.Future »

They did it again...unbelievable... :wink:
Go 'n' get 'em, Chris! :twisted:
Dr.Future - and music will never be the same!
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Well, I personally don't recognise this SID, so I'm hoping someone else does... the likelihood is that I don't own this one... unlike on their previous offense, "Sumo"
CreaMD
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by CreaMD »

I don't recognise the sid either. It sounds like genuine composition to me. It doesn't use very complicated sounds so it could be (maybe) created with some sort of sid based midi hardware/software.
http://www.c64.sk - C64 Scene News
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Hmm, it got more involved towards the end: and it's difficult to believe (knowing their track record) that these two are capable of composing anything... but hey, anything's possible...
Romeo Knight
Supreme Strumming Daddy
Supreme Strumming Daddy

Post by Romeo Knight »

IMHO it doesn't sound cogent like typical SID. Yes, it's 8-bit LoFi but it could also be Nintendo or any other digital retro synth or VSTi.
Mayhem
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Mayhem »

Doesn't ring any immediate bells... but yeah, would be a shock if it was original heh...
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Romeo Knight wrote:IMHO it doesn't sound cogent like typical SID. Yes, it's 8-bit LoFi but it could also be Nintendo or any other digital retro synth or VSTi.
That was my First impression actually - I thought it sounded more Nintendo than SID.

Actually it's remarkable how you hear these types of sounds in Music these days.. I was listening to a song by Milk Inc which had drum sounds that i'd swear sounded like SID.. I doubt they were but they didn't half sound like it. Strangely it really enhanced the track.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Hmm, thought it was a bit pulse wavey to be Nintendo, but hey...

The previous rip by these guys was "Sumo", a rip of "Last Ninja 2" even more blatant than Timbaland's...

Chris
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Heh, Well i've just had some dental surgery and i can't hear a thing in my left hear at the moment due to healing nerves so don't think i know what i am talking about ;)

They couldn't get the tooth extracted due to my strong jawline and so they ended up going through the top which then they also couldn't get out.. Turns out the extra bone which i had the opperation for in my foot also had a similar problem in my jaw - although not quite the same.

LMAO! it seems i'm full of bone!

Has anyone ever had stiches in their gob? what a wierd feeling.

anway, i can't hear properlly at this moment so i dunno!
dan gillgrass
Built from Stella and KFC
Built from Stella and KFC

Post by dan gillgrass »

tas wrote:Heh, Well i've just had some dental surgery and i can't hear a thing in my left hear at the moment due to healing nerves so don't think i know what i am talking about ;)

They couldn't get the tooth extracted due to my strong jawline and so they ended up going through the top which then they also couldn't get out.. Turns out the extra bone which i had the opperation for in my foot also had a similar problem in my jaw - although not quite the same.

LMAO! it seems i'm full of bone!

Has anyone ever had stiches in their gob? what a wierd feeling.

anway, i can't hear properlly at this moment so i dunno!
Wtf? u pissed also? lol..

<fnordpojk> Dan_Gillg: Is WoW down, or what brings you here? ;)
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

ofcourse I bloody am, you silly bugger... fancy asking a question like that! :lol:
commodork

My opinion

Post by commodork »

Judging by the waveforms this is NOT a SID tune. Listen 2 da outro, that square is a little to clean to be from Sid, the saw also sounds a little flat to also be from Sid. Check a somewhat related project http://asma.atari.org/ and pull up Self Test 2 by Bartosz Kalinowski. The glissando sounds similar and the melody has a similar sound. Or it, as Romeo Knight said, could be something else.
Just because its different, doesn't make it wrong.