STUPID FU*^ING DELL COMPUTERS!!!

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
skitz
Scene Legend
Scene Legend

STUPID FU*^ING DELL COMPUTERS!!!

Post by skitz »

So, here I am with my fancy new Dell XPS HTC PC that cost me a fortune and I am wishing I brought a cheap ACER now!

3 weeks after I get it one of the bloody 500GB hard drives just simply STOPS WORKING! Not only is this bad news because it was part of a RAID0 but it also contained the Operating System which I spent all of Sunday building back up with fricken Windows XP after giving up on Windows Vista!

So, I am not best pleased at the moment plus I very much doubt that I will be able to do my Saturday Night Warmup this coming Saturday as it is unlikely I will have it fixed by then knowing Dell support...

What a plonka I am for buying a Dell... I think it's a design fault because when I opened the case I spotted a possible design fault which might explain it - the GOD DAMN Hard Drive bays are directly below the 1KW Power Supply!! Not surprising those things were seriously HOT!! being so close to the damn thing! I am gonna give them hell tomorrow!

Bastards!

Sods!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!

I mean alright mate.
DJ Skitz
email: skitz@djskitz.com
email: skitz@slayradio.org
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Re: STUPID FU*^ING DELL COMPUTERS!!!

Post by Analog-X64 »

Sorry to hear about you're HD problems Skitz I just went through that ordeal myself and mine was a custom built PC.

Consumer level Hard Drives are not the durable Tanks that they once used to be... they are quite cheap and fail easily.. You want a good harddrive you have to spend the money and get the higher end serve level type drives.

Now I cant remember if I mentioned this before, but Dell has been shipping their PC's with dumbed down version of Vista.

So for example, you buy a Dell with Vista Ultimate, what they have essentially done is disabled all the high end bells and whistles which make Vista Ultimate what it is. Oh Sure you can enable those features, but there will be a dramatic hit in performance.

Most manufacturers now have an option to revert back to XP for additional cost and usually like $25 or something.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Dafunk
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Dafunk »

damn, skitz, that is f*cked up! hope you give 'em the treatment they deserve there...

@analog-x: wot? ultimately dumb vista? didn't know that. thx for info, gonna watch up on dell stuff in future...
k_rostoen
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by k_rostoen »

Well, whatever you do, do not buy Acer. Acer has got to be the worst shit I've ever laid my hands on. We ordered three 24" LCD monitors here at work. Each and every one of them had to be returned two times. The third time we got our money back.

My wife has got an Acer laptop. Every now and then the screen turns yellow. They have tried to fix it two times already, but it still turns yellow.

We have a few Dells here too. Actually I'm on a Precision M90 laptop right now. Never had any major problems with them, but if I was to buy a new PC for private use I doubt it would be Dell. I dream of a Boxx.
Experto credite!
skitz
Scene Legend
Scene Legend

Post by skitz »

I am kinda really impressed now with Dell at least from a support point of view!!

I sent an email to their support and within 20 minutes got a response back with specific XPS Support line which believe it or not is 24/7 (follow the sun as I spoke to somebody in America at around 12:30am last night!).

After the shock of actually getting a person on the line (Jeff his name was!) I explained the situation and that I had already gone through some basic diagnostics and he took my word that the drive had failed and so not to waste my time he immediately started to process a replacement not only for the failed drive but also for the other 500GB drive that is still working after I mentioned that I still wanted to RAID the drives in the system.

Within 5 minutes he had sorted me out and I am expecting two brand new SATA drives to be delivered to my door tomorrow to do a simple swap!

So, if all goes well then my estimation of Dell Support has gone up considerably although this was a special XPS premium service desk. It's almost as good as the Premium Support we get here at work for our Dell Servers which is 4-hour call out!

Still pissed off the drive failed for no apparent reason but chuffed to bits at how quickly Dell responded to the failure!
DJ Skitz
email: skitz@djskitz.com
email: skitz@slayradio.org
DHS
Forum God
Forum God

Post by DHS »

i'd never buy a branded pc, always builded mines.

As for Dell, i have a 2407fwp monitor since end of 2005 and i'm very very happy with it (btw, bought at dell.co.uk).

Sorry for you bad luck matey :(
--
DHS of The SoundWavers
http://soundwavers.com/
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

Dell: efficient and evil; yes... veeery evil... *mumble* *mumble*
All is lost.