IM ABOUT TO THROW THIS MIXER AGAINST THE WALL!!!!

Radio shows, podcasts, live events, CD releases, etc...
Subzero
Whaurs ma troosers!!!
Whaurs ma troosers!!!

IM ABOUT TO THROW THIS MIXER AGAINST THE WALL!!!!

Post by Subzero »

Ok before I begin, I want to thank skitz for all his help, unfortunately this new mixer is still not doing what I want and I NEED HELP (skitz has enough to do with his new pc to be helping me i think)

I have a berhinger xeynx 1002 attached to my soundblaster audigy, and heres the problem...im getting audio feeding through the mixer fine and to the pc fine, its also recording fine...the problem is this: im getting vocal (mic) in my headphones, but NOT to the pc, nothing...nowt....not a sausage, and I havent a clue why not, have I got the cables mixed up?? Am I missing a cable??? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!
Tonka
Forum God
Forum God

Re: IM ABOUT TO THROW THIS MIXER AGAINST THE WALL!!!!

Post by Tonka »

I have a Xenyx.

Without knowing exactly what you have plugged into where, it's a bit difficult to diagnose. I will say though that faffing about with the CD/TAPE TO CTRL and CD/TAPE TO MIX may be the solution. If ever I can't hear something that I should, it's usually due to one of these buttons being in the wrong position.

Watch your ears though - you can get some nasty feedback when messing around with those buttons! :duh:

Maybe you could draw a diagram of what you've got plugged where?
Subzero
Whaurs ma troosers!!!
Whaurs ma troosers!!!

Post by Subzero »

CD/TAPE in is going to GREEN or PINK on the soundcard
CD/TAPE out is going to BLACK on the soundcard
Mic in mic, headphones in headphones

When I click on cd/tape to mix AND cd/tape to ctrl i can hear the music and my voice, but my voice is NOT picked up on the pc...when I click cd/tape to ctrl OFF, the music gets quieter, I can still hear my voice but its still NOT picked up on the pc....
skitz
Scene Legend
Scene Legend

Post by skitz »

One question for you and you did confirm this with me at one point....

Open Audacity - look on the toolbar top right and see the dropdown list - what does it say there? I really hope it says "Line In" there or I will be most upset :bash:
DJ Skitz
email: skitz@djskitz.com
email: skitz@slayradio.org
Subzero
Whaurs ma troosers!!!
Whaurs ma troosers!!!

Post by Subzero »

The dropdown bar has the following choices....Wave - Microphone - Analog Mix(LIne/Cd/aux) - Cd Digital - what U Hear - Midi Synth.

I have assumed that analog mix is another term for line in as it has Line in brackets...please tell me im right, or smack me across the face....
Subzero
Whaurs ma troosers!!!
Whaurs ma troosers!!!

Post by Subzero »

ITS WORKING ITS WORKING!!! ONE OF THE cables should have been going to the BLUE port on the soundcard :)
Ziphoid
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Ziphoid »

Oh, so you DIDN'T pay attention to what I told you about? I thought you made notes... *S* :bash:
SceneSat founder and DJ. | Re-live moments past at reLive.nu | For an Amiga flashback - AmigaRemix.com

Subzero
Whaurs ma troosers!!!
Whaurs ma troosers!!!

Post by Subzero »

When we spoke I was still using my external soundcard which had NO colour codes, so ye cannae blame me mannnnn (well actually you can but I aint gonna let ya hehe)