The ROTY section

Post bug reports and suggestions for improving Remix64.com or AmigaRemix here. For other sites, contact the respective site maintainers directly.
Ph0B1uS
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

The ROTY section

Post by Ph0B1uS »

I logged in to the above mentioned section today to make a preliminary list.
I must say that I was impressed with the amount of improvements from last year.

This is however an improvement thread and I don't know if you (LMan/Ziphoid) have noticed but the page doesn't understand remix titles yet and it won't let me add moog to the roty-list without a big red "?" instead of ok.
I tried copying the name in the list to the right and pasting it into the text field but it still didn't accept that.
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Hmm the AJAX thingie seems to be broken. Will need to have a look. Thanks for noticing!
Ph0B1uS
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: The ROTY section

Post by Ph0B1uS »

It seems like it still won't let me add Moog to the list (with an exception, read below), I can type Moog but there is no text box below to suggest the
correct spelling (with his real name and all) below.
I've tried copying the name from the list and hit submit but nothing happens when I hit the submit button, the page doesn't even refresh.

Anyone else getting these problems?

I'm using Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.6 in gnu/linux, I have tried using Opera v 9.23 too but it doesn't work in that browser either.

It did however work in Konqueror 3.5.6 for some reason, although not with the text box with suggestions underneath.
I will try the same daring stunt tomorrow night to see if it's a persistent problem.

Another thing I'm quite puzzled about is how to vote for remixes, every tune I tried in the format: remixer - tune was given a red question mark.
Is the function still not fully implemented or am I doing it the wrong way?
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Didn't have time to take a look yet. I'll uptade this thread as soon as possible.

An option to vote anyway is to do it via the song's info page, in the voting box. Check the "ROTY" tab in there.
Mayhem
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Mayhem »

The problem with Moog still exists as I just tried to vote for him and got the big red ? too... also one other issue that I'm gonna PM over to clarify.
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Weird, really, since I took quite some time to fix this issue some time ago. Maybe there has been a version revert somewhere in the engines, don't have time right now to look into it. For the meantime, I put an override on moogs name, changing it to "Bachlinski", I hope he forgives me that...
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Do you think you should extend the voting?
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Good idea... 10 extra days?
Ziphoid
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Ziphoid »

LMan wrote:Good idea... 10 extra days?
Sounds like a plan. Now we must decide when to do the RotY-show on SLAY Radio.

// Ziph
SceneSat founder and DJ. | Re-live moments past at reLive.nu | For an Amiga flashback - AmigaRemix.com

Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

I only just realized this (as I'm summarizing 2007 and putting down my votes), and maybe it's been discussed before without me remembering the thread, but it's not possible to vote for CD-tracks.

I don't remember exactly how this has been done previous years - is it just RKO and AR tracks that are voteable, or do CD-tracks count. I just find it a bit sad that it's impossible to vote for any of Reyn's CD-tracks.
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Reyn now available in the CD charts. Damn those technical difficulties :?
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Spechial characters bug now fixed.
spacefractal
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by spacefractal »

Roty 2008:

More bugs, even it long time before deadline. I have the very first release here in 2008, but it is not in the list. I talk about Pirates in Hyperspace. I guess it because I submitted it in 2007 and first got released in 1.1.2008 (good timing).
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

It was a date / timezone conversion error. It is fixed now, thanks for reporting!
Amok
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Amok »

I have an idea:

imho it would be great to give an award to the best voter of the year, too. That should be the person who gave the most objective votes and most helpful comments at RKO and amigaremix.com. There are so many guys who vote for every track and make a shout what should be improved although they dont upload one remix. Maybe it could a be a sub-category to thank the guys for hearing really every remix, even if its the biggest crap and give an objective vote and comment...